3. FORBIDDEN - Part 1

Rhea took the glass from the table and poured the juice. She placed the plate on its place and looked at the locked  door of his room.

"Veer breakfast is ready.", She said loudly.

No reply came only after 2 minutes the door opened. Veer came out on his white shirt and black pants. Rhea looked at him in surprise.

"Are you going somewhere?", She asked.

"Yes. Office.", He said while fixing his wrist watch.

"But you said you're taking a leave today.", She told.

"Yes I know but I just got an emergency call from office.", He took the glass up and said.

"Veer we've decided to spend the whole day with eachother. You promised me.", Rhea said in disappointment.

"I know but...", Veer was cut off by Rhea.

"We both are not getting enough time for eachother that's why we made a plan after so long time. And you're ruining it again.", She said loudly.

"Rhea I'm so sorry.", He apologized.

"I also took a leave today. I canceled my important meeting for just you, for us. I woke up 6 in the morning to just make your favourite breakfast. And you're leaving.", She sat on the chair.

Veer came and placed his hand in her hair.

"I'm sorry. But I didn't tell you to do that.", He said casually.

Rhea looked up to him and said, "Are you serious? You know what you should leave."

"Rhea.."

"Veer please.", She closed her eyes.

Veer said nothing further, he took his bag and left.

Rhea breathed out heavily and looked at the door which was still half opened.

She didn't even know for how long she sat there, when her phone beeped she came out from her thoughts.

Without checking the phone she walked to the door and locked it.
She turned around to leave when the door bell rang.

For a mini second she thought maybe it's Veer and it made her a little bit happy. But when she opened the door the happiness faded.

"Hey.", Plastering a smile on his face Darshan was standing in front of her, a bag was hanging over his shoulder.

"Hi.", Rhea said in a dull voice and walked inside.

Darshan closed the door and came behind her.

"What happened? Why are you sounding so low?", Darshan placed the bag on the edge of the sofa and sat down.

Rhea walked to the table and grab her phone to see what message she got.
Darshan looked all over the room and asked, "Where is Veer?"

"Office.", In a cold voice Rhea answered.

"But he told he'll get a leave today. That's why he told me to come over na.", He said.

"I don't know. Ask your best friend.", Rhea shouted.

"Oh. Calm down. What happened?", Darshan asked calmly.

"I just don't wanna talk about him ok.", She threw her hands in the air.

"Just sit down. Come.", He patted on the couch beside him. "Come Na.", He said again.

Placing the phone on the table again Rhea sat next to him.

"Take a breath.", He told.

Rhea looked at him, he blinked. She took a deep breath.

"Now tell what happened?", He asked again.

"You know we've decided to spend the whole day with eachother. And we made this plan almost 1 week ago. And today he just came and said I got an emergency meeting. Darshan we're not getting enough time with eachother. I just wanna spend time with him so I canceled all my works today. If I can leave all my works then why can't he for just one day. Is it too hard?", Rhea asked.

"I know it's his fault. He shouldn't have done this. But maybe it was really emergency.", Darshan told.

"Don't take his side ok.", She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not taking his side Rhea.", Darshan defended himself.

"Ok don't ruin your mood ok. You know Veer is a stupid, Gadha Hai Wo.", Darshan told making Rhea chuckle.

"Look I took a lots of movies with me.", Darshan took out his laptop from his bag.

"Why would we spoil our plans for him? Let's enjoy. What say?", He said with a smile.

Rhea smiled and nodded. She stood up and walked to the dining table. She took the plate full of food and went into the kitchen.

She was about to throw them inside of the bin when Darshan stopped her by her hand.

"What are you doing?", He asked.

"Its useless. I made it for Veer.", She said with anger.

"Toh. You can't throw it. Give it to me.", He took the plate from her hand and took a spoon and started eating.

"Darshan Thahda Ho Gaya Hai.", Rhea tried to stop him.

"Umm. Toh. It's testy.", Stuffing his mouth more with the food he said.

"Your crazy.", Rhea giggled.

* * * *
New Short Story

Hope you'll like it.

Spread Love ❤️

- Neha