17. Ms. Neighbour - Part 4

"The food was really nice. I never knew about this place before.",I said with a smile as we both walked out from the restaurant.

He nodded and said,"I am glad you agree with me. I come to this place really often."

We stopped near the parking area facing each other. Man, he was handsome. Rishabh Mishra - Vidya's one of a friend, whom I didn't know before today. It was not a date, trust me. We had a plan of having dinner. Vidya me and Rishabh. It was Vidya's idea to make me feel light after the exhausting first week of my job. But at the end of the day Vidya ditched us, intentionally or unintentionally I didn't know. It could be intentionally. Because my best friend fear I would die single so she kept doing things like this. But this time I didn't mind at all. He was tall, good looking and most importantly had a good sense of humour.

"Thanks for not cancelling the plan. Otherwise Vidya is a pro in cancelling plans.", I said.
"Of course, I somewhere felt she would do this.", he smiled.

Damn. Beautiful.

"So should I drop you?", he offered.

"I don't mi-", and I was interrupted.

"Jiyaaaaa. Jiya here.", a male voice called out for me. I turned around with narrow eyes and there he was, with his bike, plastering a wide smile, Mr. Neighbour.

What the hell he is doing here?

I kept looking at him with wide eyes when Rishabh asked,"Who is that?"

I turned back to him and said with an apologizing smile,"Give me a minute."
I walked to Darshan taking fast steps and asked as soon as I reached him,"Why are you here?"

"You forgot?", he held my elbow, "You texted me to pick you up.", his voice went louder suddenly, just that Rishabh could hear.

What he is up to?

I jerked his hand away and chipped,"Wait here. And please shut your mouth. Or I will break it."

He zipped up the imaginary zip on his lips and nodded like an obedient student. I walked back to Rishabh.
"Hey I'm sorry. My friend is here. Actually he was passing and I told him I was here so he came to pick me up. Actually we live in the same building so-"

"It's okay Jiya. You don't have to explain anything.", he smiled with a blink. He had a killer smile, I had to admit.

"Bye. And we definitely have to come here again."

"Of course.", I smiled.

He hugged me next and I hugged him back. Sweet. After beading goodbyes he walked to his car and I walked to Darshan. I didn't look at him but I knew he was smiling widely. I stood beside him and said, "Shut your mouth. Why are you even here?"

"Time Dekhi Hai? I needed to pick you up.", he said. When he became a protective friend?

"Really? Who are you, my father? Rishabh was drooping me. ", I told.

"Excuse me, you can't trust someone at the first date only."

"Excuse me, it was not a date.", I said monotonously.

"So?", he raised eyebrows now.

"So?"

"Definitely not an official meeting. Because in official meetings people don't hug.", he nudged me then. This boy!

"They could be.", I shook my shoulders.

"Meeting with a friend's friend?", he turned properly to face me.

"It was not a date.", I rolled my eyes. Wasn't it? No.

Rishabh didn't leave yet. He was on phone, talking to someone, standing near his car.