13. Dur Hoke Bhi, Pass Mere Ho

His hands played with the strings of his guitar. His eyes were closed, feeling the cold breeze on his face, in this cloudy afternoon.

"Dur Hoke Bhi, Pass Mere Ho...Sapnose Aage, Ab Tum Haqeekat Ban Chuke Ho..."
He hummed the song slowly.

He heard the sound of footsteps, though he didn't open his eyes, waiting for her voice to feel his ears.

"Coffee?"

He opened his eyes and his eyes found her in front of him. His lips curved into a smile.
He took the coffee cup from her hand and patted on the empty seat beside him, asking her to sit.
She took a seat beside him and sipped her coffee.

She leaned her back to the wooden chair and placed her feets on the railing of the balcony.

"Don't you think it will rain today?", She questioned gazing at the blue sky which was turning into black slowly slowly.

"It will.", He said looking at the sky too.

He again started playing something new on his guitar. She took her unfinished book from her little center table of their balcony and started reading while enjoying her coffee.

"Read it loud!", He told.

"Hmm?", She asked without looking at him.

"Read it loud, I wanna hear!", He spoke.

"You already missed two pages Darsh!", She smiled softly.

"It's not done ok. You told me you'll read all the pages loudly for me.", He turned to her a little bit.

"You're not home. I was getting bore.", She defended herself.

"Are you gonna read it loud or not?", He asked.

"Ok fine!", She fixed her glasses on her nose perfectly and started reading.

"He closed his eyes and arched his back into his pillow.
'I don't think I even breathe when we're not together,' she whispered. 'All I do when we're apart is think about you, and all I do when we're together is panic. Because every second feels so important. I'm not even mine anymore, I'm yours, and what if you decide that you don't want me? How could you want me like I want you?'..."

He was listening quitly, the every words were feeling so relatable, he was feeling they were written for them only. He smiled softly.

"Why do you stopped?", He asked when she became quite.

"Go on...", No answer came.

He looked aside to her and saw the seat beside him was empty now.

He looked at the sky again, it started raining. And it's reminding him of her only.
She reminded him of everything, and everything reminded him of her.

The unfinished book of her was still on the center table, wanting her to finish it. The two cups of coffee were turning cold.

Suddenly everything went, disappeared.

She's not there, she's never there.
But still she's here, always.

His lips whispered, "Dur Hoke Bhi Pass Mere Ho..."

- End 🌀

The extract story part is taken from 'Eleanor & Park'. It's a very cute and innocent love story, you guys can give it a try.