11. The Truth

The phone rang. I dragged my eyes to the screen of my phone and saw a incoming call from my mother.

I picked up the call and said, "Hello? Mamma where are you? I am waiting here for so long. I'm hungry mamma come fast."
In one breathe I said.

Then an unknown male voice came from the other side of the phone, "Is this Ira?"

"Yes, but who's this?", Being confused I asked.

"I'm sorry to inform you Ms. Ira the car of your parents just mate with an accident."

Something heavy dropped inside of my stomach immediately. No voice was coming out from my throat. But I finally asked in a trembling voice, "Where are they?"

"We took them to the city hospital.", The person informed.

"I'm coming!", I said before hunging up.

_

The nurse led me silently down a bleak corridor until we came to halt outside a hermetically sealed door and it took me a single moment to understand that was none other than a morgue. The nurse pushed the door and stood aside allowed me to enter. The door closed behind me as I entered. The sudden change in temperature made me shiver and then my eyes settled on the two trolley standing in the middle of the room. The bodies were covered by white sheets. I couldn't even imagine what was I gonna see under the sheets. The tears already made their way out of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Malhotra your parents died on the stop. We have nothing to do.", The doctor said in low voice.

"Are you ready?", The doctor asked.
I gave a nod just.

Then the mortician pulled back the first sheet from the body revealing the scarred and battered face that I recognized immediately. My mother. A painful moan came out from my mouth. Then he pulled of the another sheet reviling the face of my dead father.

Now I screamed, collapsed on to my knees, and sobbed uncontrollably. I felt a touch on my shoulder, I looked back and saw my best friend behind me, Meher. I just hugged her and continued my sob.

_

I was sitting on the bench while lowering my head. My elder sister still didn't know anything. I didn't no how to tell her.
I just called her and said to come over. The person who took my parents to hospital Meher was talking to him.

"The person from the other car, how is he? Is he alive?", Meher asked.

"Yet. He's condition is not good also.", The person informed.

I looked up to the person and asked, "Where is he?"

He pointed to a cabin. I stood up and walked to that door. I wanted to see the person who's car crashed with my parents. I didn't know what exactly happened, who's fault was that. But in my heart I didn't want anyone else to loose their close ones as just I did.

I stopped in front of the closed door and looked inside from the small piece of glass. As my eyes fell on the person, my heart skipped a beat.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was him, Darshan, laying on the bed, scratches all over his face and an oxygen mask on his mouth. His eyes were closed and he was...he was looking dead.

2 months, after 2 months I was seeing him, and in this condition.

*Past Days*

"It was my fault that I trusted you over and over. I shouldn't. I just shouldn't.", I said loudly.
"When you don't trust me then why are you here? Just leave!", Looking into my eyes Darshan said.

I nodded softly and said, "That's what I'm gonna do. Leave!"
I took my stuffs, threw them inside the bag and walked to the door.

"Ira!", His voice stopped me.

"Me and my god knows that I never cheated on you.", He uttered softly.

Without saying anything I just left the apartment.

*Present Days*

That day we went apart. I hated him, I hated him for everything. But did I? Because my heart knew how much I loved him.
And I still got afraid when it come to him. I didn't wanna lose him. No, I already lost a lots of things. Not him.

"Ira!", I heard Meher's voice.

"They did Darshan's blood test. And he...he was drunk!"

As the words left from her mouth I moved backward two steps, eyes still fixed on him.
All the care and sympathy were just increased inside of me for him gone in a second.

"He was drunk!", Her voice rang in my ears.

_

Was that the end? No.
Because all the times what we see or hear that is not just the truth.
Because there's always two sides of a story.

- END :")