9. The Last Goodbye - End

[Darshan Raval]

I sat three tables back of her. She was talking to Nikki. Her lips were smiling but eyes were not.
My eyes were just fixed on her.

"Stop staring and start talking.", I heard Arnav's voice.

"I can't. ", I looked at him.

"I just remember how we started, how we met in first day of our collage, how she lost her way and didn't know where to go.", I chuckled.

"The starting was when we both started liking eachother but still we teased each other with someone else's names. I teased her, she cried then I made her laugh and she did the same. The way we cared for eachother like mother and father, the way we teased each other like brother and sister, our talks just weird like best friends.", I smiled some more.

"That day she looked at me and a sudden smile came on her face, her cheeks got red, her eyes went down like she didn't want me to know, but I knew that and then I was falling for her unconditionally.", I stopped.

"You love her dude.", Arnav said.

"I do!", I looked at her again.

* * *

Adjusting her dress Hrithika entered in the assembly hall.
That was the last day of their college.

Farewell party.

Everybody were beading their goodbyes to eachother.

Saying goodbye to the person you love was the most toughest thing.
And Hrithika hated good-byes.
She went to the open window and looked at the moon.

"Hi!"

Again the very familiar voice came but this time the 'hi' was for her only.

She smiled and said, "Because you'll never see me again after today that's why you came!"

He stood beside her and said, "May be yes. Because you never told you're leaving India."

"Why would I? The only relation we had, that doesn't exist anymore!", She said.

"We used to be friends also Hrithika.", Darshan said.

"We were Darshan!", She looked to him, "Untill you said me GOODBYE."

She looked at the sky again.

"You know what's the worst part? I was never able to hurt you the way you did, I thought you hated me for that. But no, you started hating me because I gave so much love to you. I felt so many times that I should walk away but I was scared that you wouldn't follow. And that's what actually happened. I was right!", Her eyes became moist.

"I let you go because I loved you. It's better to let you go than hurt you everyday. And look now you're achieving your dreams, you're happy.", He said.

"Will you be happy without me?", She questioned.

"Ham Aadat The Ek Dusreke, Or Wakt Ke Saath Aadat Chut Jati Hai.", He smiled.

"Kuch Aadatate Kabhi Nehi Chut Te.", She said.

"Kosis Toh Kar Hi Sakte Hai.", He said back.

"I wish you a very good life and I wish you'll not get a person who will irritate you like me in your life!", He laughed little bit she didn't.

"I wish you'll never see me again. GOODBYE Hrithika.", Darshan told.

"The last goodbye?", She asked with a teary eyes.

"The last goodbye!"

- End