Casual song writing

Is it just me, or do you hate when a story says that the main character is listening to a certain song, and then almost the whole chapter is just the lyrics to that song?

I feel like it's just a waste of space.

I could be reading some juicy plot line and controversy and love triangles or whatever else goes on, but instead I have to skip through 5 pages of the lyrics to Midnight Memories.

'Memories' just changed to 'a Memories'. Wtf autocorrect.

Not that I don't like that song.

I'm not what people call a "Directioner" but I must admit it's pretty damn good.

Ok let's get back to my point.

Have you suddenly transformed into a past version of the singer of that song, and just decided to write it on Wattpad?

If so, teach me your ways because WOW.

The only time I really accept things like this is when the story might be a fanfic about a singer, and in the story, they actually write the song.

That's the kind of situation where full length song lyrics are acceptable on Wattpad.

Not listening to the song.

Like, if we want to know the lyrics, we will look them up.

We came here for some action!

But yeah, here's an example of how annoying this is:

I was so upset. I just wanted to hide away from the world. I sat on my bed, plugged in my iPod and listened to some music.

I can hold my breath,

I can bite my tongue,

I can stay awake for days if that's what you want,

Be your number one.

I can fake a smile,

I can force a laugh,

[Insert rest of lyrics to Human by Christina Perri here. That song is my shit but it was the first one I thought of, so I'm definitely not bashing it.]

We don't want to hear exactly what the character can currently hear, we want to know more about how upset they are.

Did that sound heartless?

I hope not.