What up unwanted reference

This has to be one of the most annoying things for me to come across in fanfics.

When it's an AU fanfic (I think that means fictional characters with celebrities' names rather than the real people-don't kill me if it doesn't), and there are SO MANY REFERENCES TO THE FANDOM OF THE PERSON/PEOPLE IT'S A FANFIC ABOUT THAT I JUST CAN'T EVEN.

This type of thing is less 'annoying', and more 'asdfghjkl'.

Fangirls will get where I'm coming from.

You might not realise why this is an annoying moment. Well, you've clearly never come down with a case of the feels.

It's painful, guys.

Like, I'm emotional enough sitting over here wondering if Jc and Jules are going to see each other again after Jules goes to hospital, and in the middle of all that, you just have to make Jc have a cloud tattoo.

Because I wasn't emotionally unstable enough already.

(THIS WAS A JOKE. REFILL IS LOVE, REFILL IS LIFE.)

And then we have the song references.

And I'm not talking about the blatantly obvious ones I mentioned in Several AWM's (2).

The ones where one of the characters will literally recite the lyrics to a song to show love.

I'm talking about the ones that all the people who probably stay up late looking for song references will go crazy in the comments about.

Here are a few examples, most of them found in After:

Line: "What's going on in that mind of yours?"

Comments: "OMG ALL OF ME JOHN LEGEND IS LIFE"

Line: "I want you to stay."

Comments: "I WANT YOU TO STAAAAAAAAAAY"/"STAAAAAAAY WITH MEEEEE"

Line: "I'm sorry, we're done."

Comments: "DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE WE ARE DONE"

And finally....(not a song)

Line: "Okay."

Comments: "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS IS LIFFFFFFFFFFFE"

Guys. Stop.

I guess this AWM focuses less on authors and more on commenters.

Either way...

It's annoying.

It happens on Wattpad.

It's going in this book.