CHAPTER 1

My first fanfiction ever. I hope y'all like it. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Borahae 💜
___________________________________________

The alarm went on at 7 in the morning, waking Taehyung up. He squinted his eyes to adjust himself to the sunlight that was pouring in through the curtains. It took him a while before it hit him that today was 'The Day'. The day he was looking forward to, but at the same time, was hesitant about.

You see, Taehyung was an engineering student. Not that he wanted to be an engineer, but a few wrong decisions made him one. Although not his favorite stream, Taehyung managed to deal with it and had decent grades throughout. In his final year of the college, where various officials from different companies visit the campus to recruit the Under Graduates, He managed to get placed in a very reputed company “Trusfrated” with a decent salary package. Again, not something he actually wanted to do, but then took it up anyway to have a decent life like any another.

Trusfrated usually will have their fresh recruits go through training program for a period of 6 months in a campus in Daegu. Although Taehyung was initially hesitant about leaving his parents and hometown Seoul behind, since he was the only child to his parents and has pretty much lived his entire life with them, he was excited about going out for once and living on his own. Therefore, Taehyung took up the offer and agreed to work for Trusfrated.

Today is the day he was leaving to Daegu. Daegu was a 4 hour journey from Seoul, meaning he could visit home in the weekends. He had his train at 7pm in the night, meaning he had nearly 12 hours here to meet up with his close friends and spend some quality time with his parents. He lazily woke up from his bed, finished his morning chores and headed to the living room to feed his tummy. He saw his mom cooking his favorite japchae, while sadness was evident on her face. He knew that his mom was upset about her dear son leaving, but nevertheless supported him. He sneakily went behind her and wrapped his hands around her and cheerfully said “Eommaaa~”.

“Oh my god Taehyungie you scared me to death” his mom responded with eyes wide open, shock pretty much evident. Taehyung smiled cheekily as his mom’s eyes softened as she fed a little japchae to her son.
“Don’t miss me too much eomma” he said with a smile although his eyes showed a hint to sadness. His mom hugged him tight and they both stood there hugging each other in comfortable silence. His mom broke the hug and kissed him on his forehead, pouring all her emotions in it.

“I’ll miss you maa” he said as a tear rolled down from his mom’s cheeks.
“Aish you brat, don’t make me more emotional now and take care of yourself while you’re there and remember everything I told you” she rambled as she led him towards the dining table and served him the Japchae. Taehyung ate his food happily, knowing that he’d miss this from tomorrow.

After his breakfast, he headed out to meet his friends. Taehyung was a very outgoing person and had a lot of friends. But he had a bunch of friends whom he could always rely upon, no matter what. He met them at their regular hangout spot.

“TaeTae you’re here” said Hobi as he engulfed him in a bone-crushing hug.

“Yah yah let go I can’t breathe” he said back and Hobi released the hug with a pout. Taehyung gently smiled as he wrapped his hands around Hobi’s shoulder and went to the others. They all tried to keep up with the happy mood so the Taehyung would see his friends happy before he leaves. Their friends treated him at his favourite restaurant and Taehyung ate his heart out, using the opportunity perfectly. He bid adieu to his friends, who promised to meet him at the railway station during his departure.

He headed home and was met by his parents and they had a family talk for a while where his father gave him words of wisdom along with a few warnings. Time passed quickly and it was already his time to leave. As he reached the railway station along with his parents, he was met with his friends as well. Jihyo came forward and hugged him, followed by Jin, Hobi, Namjoon and Sana.

“We’ll miss you” they said in unison as they released the embrace. They promised to come and meet him in Daegu once in a while. Taehyung smiled, although it didn’t reach his eyes. He hugged them once more, and then hugged his parents tight who placed a kiss on either of his cheeks and forehead.

The final call for departure was announced and Taehyung boarded the train and waved to his friends and family, bidding adieu as a drop of tear rolled down his cheek.

Once they were out of sight, he sighed and took his seat, plugging in his earphones where BTS was playing. It cheered him up a little.

He sighed saying “This is it! Cheers to a new beginning, new tomorrow. Fighting!” to himself as a small contented smile made its way on his lips.