CHAPTER 19

I love this picture way too much😔😭💜
P.S. Borahae 💜

___________________________________________

“I don’t know which sex spirit possessed you Kookie, but I wish it possesses you often” Tae chuckled as he was playing with Jungkook’s cheeks.

Currently they went back to square one as Jungkook was once again sleeping on Taehyung’s lap. They cleaned themselves after their, you know.. and then went back to how they were before it. Funny thing is, the TV was on the whole time and both the souls didn’t even realize it. They were so into it. I mean, if this ain’t being so so blinded by someone’s presence, then I don’t know what is.

Jungkook just chuckled.

“Tae?”

“Hm?”

“Why do you not believe in love and relationships? Did something happen to you in the past? You don’t have to answer if you’re uncomfortable.”

Taehyung was silent for a while.

“No Kooks. I have never been in a relationship. But the relationships of people around me made me lose faith in it.”

“What happened?”

“Nobody ever had a happy ending Kook. Literally no one. I have seen so many people. For instance, take Jihyo. You know her right? She came to visit me the other day.”

Jungkook nodded.

“She met this guy Sehun in the first year of our college. They were in different classes but became friends through social media. They had grown close enough and Sehun proposed her in the sophomore year. She gladly said yes and it was great. Seeing Jihyo’s smile made our day. She and Hobi are the literal sunshines. It was going all good. Sehun also became a good friend to us. After like three to four months of their relationship, mild misunderstandings started to arise. Soon mild became severe and the couple would quarrel every day. It broke our hearts to see our beautiful sunshine cry." He frowned reminiscing the sad past.

"One day we confronted Sehun. But then after hearing his side of the story, it’s really not his fault as well. He’s trying his best to keep the boat from sinking. But things just wouldn’t go right. They gave their relationship so many tries, trying to bear all the pain it gave them. But it just didn’t work out. It went overhead at one point and they had to call it off one month before our graduation. Both were a mess. Both were tired of giving all to their relationships and nothing to themselves. And no, they didn’t fall out of love. Love made them fall apart.” He sighed.

“It took a lot for Jihyo to smile once again and come back to her regular self. She cries herself to sleep even now but it’s still better than before. It broke our hearts so much Kookie” Tae said, reminiscing the scenarios Jihyo went through, the group went through.

“I’m so sorry Tae” Jungkook said sincerely, who was now sitting.

“It’s ok Kookie. The same is with Namjoon and Jin as well. They definitely look like an epitome of ideal relationship but they have their past too. Things were worst. Namjoon hyung became a drug addict and Jin hyung had suicidal thoughts. They’ve seen worst. But they overcame everything. They’re still together but everyday is a new page of emotions for them too. I’ve seen so much happening around me that I lost faith in all these.”

Jungkook listened intently and his heart ached at the last sentence.

“I’m sorry hyung”

“Don’t be Kookie. It’s okay. All are doing fine now I guess” Tae said as he pecked Kook’s nose and the other blushed profusely.

“Awwwww my BunBun is the cutest” Tae cooed as he squished Kook’s pink cheeks.

“Hyung I know that you’ve seen all these around you but not all relationships have to be like that you know. The path a relationship takes is never smooth. But the pair’s ability to overcome it is what matters. Maybe Sehun and Jihyo were not compatible but that doesn’t mean that all the relationships would end that way right? Take Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung’s relationship for example. The road their relationship went in was extremely bumpy and at one point it almost crashed. But they recovered it. That’s the beauty of love hyung. Although their relationship is bittersweet right now, knowing that someone is always there for you no matter what, someone will welcome you with a warm hug after a stressful day, Someone’s smile will make all your miseries disappear is what makes them not let go of each other and to hold hands and get through everything together. That’s the compatibility and trust I’m talking about Tae. The road to a relationship maybe difficult, but the ability to overcome it with your loved one is what makes one’s life beautiful and meaningful.” Jungkook said with a warm smile, which left Taehyung in thoughts.

“You do have a point Kookie. Maybe you’re right. But it’s like, seeing them go through so much has put me in an emotional trauma I guess. That is why I try to avoid everything that will affect my peace and mental health” Taehyung said as he closed his eyes and leaned back.

“I understand Tae. Don’t worry, I’ll help you in this journey of fighting your trauma. I promise you that you will never be alone in this.” He said as he leaned forward and kissed Tae’s forehead.

Taehyung’s eyes welled up involuntarily as he leaned onto Kook and buried his face into the other’s firm chest, hugging him tightly, as though he’d disappear into thin air any moment.

“Nobody has ever told me anything like this Kookie. I don’t even know what to say. Thank you so much for being there. Thank you for dealing with me and understanding me. Most of them are judgmental when I express my thoughts on love. That is why I panicked for a while when you questioned me about it. Please don’t leave me Kookie. I really can’t imagine being without you. Please Kookie, don’t leave me” Tae said as tears were continuously rolling over his cheeks.

Jungkook took the crying boy’s face in his hands as he cupped them. He looked directly into his eyes as he was wiping his tears with his thumb. Taehyung looked so small, so vulnerable, so fragile, it made Jungkook’s heart ache. He just wanted to protect the boy with everything. Never as he seen this side of Taehyung and he was thankful that Taehyung was comfortable in displaying his emotions to him. It made Jungkook happy. It made him feel like he already made himself a very warm place in the other’s heart.

Jungkook slowly leaned in and kissed the other. It was very very gentle with no tongue as both of them poured all their emotions into it. Their lips moved slowly against each other as tears were staining both their cheeks. They could taste the sour tears of each other as they kissed but it didn’t matter. For them this was their most intimate moment and they savored it to the fullest.

Jungkook broke the kiss gently and kissed the other’s forehead as he was wiping the other’s cheek. Soon Taehyung wiped Jungkook’s cheeks as well. They smiled and hugged once again, feeling as though that embrace could save them from every single thing in this universe and keep them the safest.