CHAPTER 35

Am I the only one who watches RUN BTS with a wide smile throughout and then complain about my cheeks aching because I smiled a little too much?😯

P.S. Borahae 💜

___________________________________________

While Tae was helping Jin in the kitchen, Jihyo grabbed Jungkook’s wrist and headed to the balcony.  He followed her dumbly.

“You know its Tae’s birthday tomorrow right?” Jihyo spoke up.

“Of course I do” Jungkook replied nonchalantly.

Jungkook wanted to celebrate Tae’s birthday by having Tae with him the complete day, just the two of them. Since Tae is in his hometown right now with friends and family, he realized that it wasn’t possible. He internally sulked but cheered himself up because Tae would get to be with all of his close ones and of course he also gets to be there.

“What? Aren’t you excited? Don’t you have any plans?” she asked in disbelief, seeing Jungkook’s lack of enthusiasm.

“Uh Jihyo the thing is, since he’s here, he’ll be celebrating it with you guys and family and the entire day would pass just like that. But it’s ok. Tae will be happy and so will I” Jungkook answered with a forced smile.

“You coconut head! We have everything planned. See tonight after Tae goes to bed, we’ll sneak into his house and decorate and then celebrate in the midnight. We’ll crash the night there. In the morning let’s spend some time with his family and then head to his favorite arcade. Later after a small lunch, we’ll part ways and in that way, you’ll have Tae all for yourself the whole evening and the night what say?” she asked as her eyes sparkled in excitement.

“Oh my god! You’re not called god Jihyo for nothing omg thank you so much Jihyo” Jungkook bounced in happiness as he hugged her tightly, which she gladly returned.

Once they finished their mini celebration, they headed in. The food was already sereved and they went in and started stuffing their faces. Yeah. Just the usual.

“Jin hyung, You cook so fucking well oh my god!” Jungkook exclaimed as he lazily sat on the couch, belly floating with food.

“Thanks kid” Jin said with a smile.

“I’m one lucky man” Namjoon said in pride and everyone cheered.

---

It was already evening and everyone were leaving one by one. Soon Tae and Kook departed too. It was an half an hour walk and the couple decided to just walk hand in hand.

“I’m so glad you like my friends and family Koo. They mean so much to me and the fact that y’all like each other makes me the happiest man” Tae said as he held Kook’s hand tighter.

“Actually I’m thankful to you hyung. You gave me a loving family and fun friends” Jungkook said with a bunny smile and Tae giggled while tickling his chin.

They reached home and immediately headed to the bedroom.

“I’m gonna crash BunBun. Too tired” he said as he swiftly changed and entered the washroom.

“I’m tired too” Jungkook said as he followed Tae.

Soon they fell asleep while cuddling each other cozily. When they lie beside each other, their hands automatically wrap around each other while body pressing in each other’s warmth, legs entangled. They end up in this position all the time like it is the most natural thing to do, just like going home after a long day. They were each other’s home indeed.

It was almost midnight and Kook’s phone buzzed. The fact that Kook woke up at such a tiny disturbance is a mystery. He checked the notification and it was Jihyo.

-Get Tae to the living room in 5-

-Yeah-

He half-heartedly shook the sleeping boy who was all cuddled up.

“Tae Tae wake up wake up” he shook him.

“What is it baby?” he asked groggily.

“I’m hungry. Make me some pancakes please” Jungkook asked in a pout although the elder’s eyes were closed.

“Get back to sleep Koo. Wrong time for pancakes” Tae said as he put the covers over his face.

“But KooKoo is hungry. Do you want KooKoo to starve?” he asked in aegyo and Tae woke up with a sigh.

“I’m so whipped! Ain’t I?” he asked in a raspy voice as he got off the bed and headed to kitchen, Kook slowly following behind.

Once he reached the living room, the lights suddenly went on and everyone yelled.

“Happy birthday TaeTae~”

“Holy shit” Tae said under his breath as he was still trying to adjust to the room’s sudden brightness.

He looked around to find his house decorated a little bit and there was a pretty Red velvet pastry lying on the table and all the 6 of his friends were standing, along with his parents. Everyone in bright smiles which lit up the place more than the actual brightness.

“Oh my god! Thankhank you so much guys!” he said, still in shock.

“Come on Tae cut the cake come on” Hobi chirped and Tae followed.

“Koo you sneaky little shit” Tae whispered and Kook smiled proudly.

Tae cut the cake while everyone sang the birthday song. It was a cute one. Tae was happy, everyone were happy. Tae slowly fed the cake to everyone and then everyone took crazy pictures with the pyjama clad Tae to post it on social media and tease the birthday boy.

“This was the best surprise ever guys, thank you so much” Tae said as he thanked them sincerely.

“Oh Tae take a look at your birthday present” they said while handing a small box which was prettily wrapped.

“What’s in this?” Tae asked curiously as he opened the box. Once he saw what’s in, his mouth went agape.

“Oh my god! Jesus Christ! Oh my fucking god! Thank you so much guys!” he jumped as he hugged all 6 of them tightly.

“Son cursing is not allowed in here but we’ll let it slide since it’s your birthday” Mom said and Tae smiled slyly while scratching his neck.

“I mean, 2 Love Yourself Speak yourself concert tickets with soundcheck oh my god! This is insane” Tae said as he still couldn’t believe it.

“You’re welcome boy. Take Kook along with you and have fun” Namjoon winked and Tae squealed in excitement.

“Thank you so much guys” he said genuinely, while jumping in excitement. A little too enthusiastic for his age, but hey he's surrounded with his favourite ones who are the least judgemental so yeah.

They spent some time sitting and chatting around. It was really fun with the 8 of them talking random shit in the living room. Taehyung was laughing at something Hobi said and then he felt something falling on his shoulder. He turned around to see Kook falling asleep on his shoulder and everyone cooed.

“Tae he’s so adorable. You’re one lucky man” Sana spoke up and Tae hummed as he brushed a few strands of Koo’s hair which was on his pretty forehead.

“You should probably put him back to bed. Take him bro, we’ll crash in here” Namjoon said and Tae nodded.

“Thank you so much for everything guys” Tae said once again and everyone rolled their eyes.

“Go now” Jin said and Tae giggled while picking Kook up in bridal style. He slowly made his way to their bedroom and all the 6 of them saw the scene in pure adoration.

“They’re the cutest.” Jihyo said and everyone nodded with a warm smile.

Tae softly placed Kook on the bed and then got in himself and covered them with warm blankets. He placed a soft kiss on his head and then hugged him securely with a soft smile on his face.

I hope he says 'Yes'.