Chapter Two: To Italy

The river flowed gently, a soft breeze graced the surface and dusted past red hair. The need to disappear again was strong and pulsing, but a moment with a friend brought her back to her senses. Hawkeye crossed his arms, glassy eyes admiring the ripples in the water. The silence between them was a comfortable one, the presence of the other was welcomed at all times. The connection Wanda had with Clint was all due to her brother, Pietro not only saved Clint, Clint saved Wanda. "If you step out there, you're an Avenger." 

Throughout time Wanda would visit the Baton family, growing into a Aunt to the kids

Throughout time Wanda would visit the Baton family, growing into a Aunt to the kids. Although she favored Nathaniel Pietro Barton for obvious reasons, no one seemed to mind though.

"Listen kid, I'm there. Always there when you need me." Clint nodded, not looking her way, he didn't need to. They were both settled into a numb existence that felt like it would go on forever.

Wanda peered toward him, the soft line of her lips curled, "I can say the same for you. I'm not the only one going through something."

"I know." He turned, his face was blank but she knew he appreciated her words. "Thanks."

The day passed slowly, Wanda didn't say much to anyone. In fact, no one really did. There was soft whispers and children who laughed because they didn't understand. And when the time came for everyone to leave there were hardly any goodbyes spoken. Pepper did reach out to Steve, told him she would be rebuilding the compound, it was something she really wanted to do. Steve thanked her, passed the information onto the rest of the team, and got into the car.

Wanda didn't join them though, she still needed time. Like Banner, she decided to go away. Whether it was Italy, Rome, or Greece. The witch would be taking a break, but promise to return. All the goodbyes were kind, though when she hugged Steve she felt as if this would be the last time she would ever see him again, but she couldn't exactly pinpoint why.

As she boarded the plane to Italy she clicked her phone on and saw a message from Sam, he explained everything that had happened. And although Steve would not be returning to the Avengers, Wanda smiled. She smiled because if there was one person in this universe that deserved a happy ending, it was Steve Rogers.