Chapter Twenty: Giving In

Hot water streamed down muscles and hit the floor as hard breath pressed out of his lips

Hot water streamed down muscles and hit the floor as hard breath pressed out of his lips. Hands pressed on either side of him against the wall, he took deep breaths in an attempt to release his anger in a calm way. Bucky was so in his mind that he didn't hear the door open. Wanda walked in gently, closing the door behind her. The tension he emitted filled the room with the steam and hit her the moment she looked up from the floor. Seeing his silhouette hunched over through the frosted glass made her stomach turn. There it was again, the feeling she couldn't describe. Part of her fought it, told her to turn around and let him work it out. Yet she wanted to push past her comfort zone, the urge to console him spoke more to her than the fear that pulsed passed her senses. 

Slowly she pulled off her jacket off, placing it gently on the counter. Next her dress his the floor until she felt an unexpected chill tickle her bare body. After a long deep breath she walked toward the shower, grabbing the handle she waited for her second rush of fear to hit her, but when it didn't come she confidently slide the shower door open.

Bucky heard the door open, he turned his head slightly and saw her standing there. Even though she was completely bare, his only view was her eyes. They looked at one another with compassion and understanding, Bucky felt a rush of emotion hit him and he turned back toward the wall to breath out. Wanda walked into the shower, letting the door slide closed behind her, she walked up to him, her hands ran down his back, the water helping the smooth feel of his skin. Wanda could feel the way he seemed to relax into her touch, he let his arms drop to his side and let her touch his arms, back, then she rubbed his neck. Bucky turned slowly, her hands following from his back to his chest as he faced her. The way they didn't let their eyes wander over anything but each other's eyes spoke a lot about how they were feeling. 

Bucky softly pulled her close to him, his arms wrapping around her and resting gently on her lower back. Wanda's hands caressed the back of his neck, her breasts pressed tightly against his chest, this was the closest they had ever felt to one another. Wanda's hands lowered to his shoulder blades just has his one hand moved up to rub the back of her head.

 Wanda's hands lowered to his shoulder blades just has his one hand moved up to rub the back of her head

"I know you want to go." Wanda spoke into his shoulder, although the silence was beautiful and relaxing, she had to get to him. "But..."

"I know..." He caressed her neck as he starred at the back of the shower, the warm water hitting them.

Wanda shook her head, he pulled back slightly, enough to lookup at him, "No you don't." He watched her eyes change from wonder to fear, "I've lost so much..." His hands pulled her closer to him, even if there was no space to fill, "I don't want to lose you too."

Bucky wanted to breath, but he couldn't. The weight in his chest was pulling him down, the only thing holding him up was her. No one ever needed him before, not like this. Although it was against his pride, he clenched his jaw and rested his forehead against hers. "You won't."

Their voices were low, soft enough to hear one another over the running water. They let the other sooth them, both needing it more and more than they had realized. They stayed in the shower longer than initially planned, once the water was turned off Bucky stepped out and wrapped a towel around his waist. After grabbing a towel for her he turned around and watched we she stepped out of the shower. The long red hair was sticking to her skin and her eyes fluttered at the ground. It finally it her she was naked in front of him, she nervously looked up and caught him staring, arms folded in front of her he felt her nerves flare. Bucky made his way over to her, gripping the towel in his hands, "What did I say about hiding from me?" Once she looked up at him he winked lightly, holding out the towel to her. Wanda took it and smiled lightly at his words, but he wasn't done, "Wanda you're beautiful." He grinned, then turned and grabbed his clothes. 

Wanda wrapped the towel around her body and took her clothes that he held out to her, as they stepped into the hall they both looked up to see Pepper standing in the hall. Pepper looked at them with surprise, she closed her mouth and nodded, "You know what..." She began to walk past them, "I don't wanna know." As she walked down the hall a slight smile pulled at her lips.

Wanda and Bucky both smiled but out of shyness. The fact they were caught was funny, because they really weren't hiding anything. As Bucky went to head toward his bedroom he turned to see Wanda standing there motionless. Wanda didn't know if she was going to head to her room or follow him, she didn't want to assume, so she just stood there contemplating. Bucky must've caught it, so he held out his hand and gave her a soft expression, "Stay with me tonight." It wasn't a question, it was a hope. When she smiled and began to follow him he sighed, leading her toward his room.

Once in his room Bucky pulled on lounge pants, he opened one of his drawers and pulled out a t-shirt before turning to Wanda who still stood in her towel. "Here." He tossed it to her, Wanda caught it and smiled softly. Pulling her black lace panties back on she slid his shirt over her body before letting herself melt into his bed. Bucky sat on the bed beside her, not yet getting into the blankets. Wanda watched his gears turning, she pulled herself up and pressed her elbow into the bed to hold her weight, "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm angry." He breathed out, his elbows digging into his thighs as his head hung low, "When we realized you were gone..." He sniffed in roughly, feeling her hand rest onto his back, "I wanted to find Magneto right there and then. Just as bad as I wanted to kill Thanos."

"You will do your part from a distance." She let watched as he turned to her, she spoke calmly, "I know how you feel. But I need you to listen to Pepper." She sat up and scooted closer to him, "I won't lose you too." 

Bucky turned and grabbed her, using his strength to pull her onto his lap. They were both giving into one another more and more. Legs wrapped around him as his hands held her back, her hands found his neck just as he pressed his lips onto hers. Neither had a lot of words to say, it was best to express their feelings right now like this.

 Neither had a lot of words to say, it was best to express their feelings right now like this

Bucky held her to him, not letting her push away if she even tried, which she didn't. Wanda let her inner self take over as he softly grabbed his neck and kissed him, her hands reaching his jawline and letting her fingertips graze his skin, it sent shivers down his spine. Wanda finally took in a breath and opened her eyes, the perfect moment to catch his. They looked at one another and smiled. "I'll take more of that." He grinned.

Wanda smiled, "You'll get it." She rolled off of him and plopped onto the bed, the shirt rising and exposing her stomach, his hand reached over and placed his hand softly on her exposed skin, running his arm over to grab her hip and pull her back to him as he laid back down into the bed. It was quiet as the lights went out, they breathed in unison as they both were finally giving into one another. Bucky looked over as her eyes were closed, sleep finally taking over her and wished they were in a different time. Maybe back in his time so he could take her out without the threat of war or worrying about the Avengers. But the fact they had now and hopefully the future to give into one another on so many different levels, he was ready for that.