Chapter Four: Moving On

That night Wanda felt restless, whether it be from her return to New York, or that she hasn't really had a full nights sleep since the war, it was still uncomfortable. The moments she found her eyes open she admired the night sky from her bed, other times she tried her best to force a dream across her eyelids. Nightmares usually found their way in though, even a wonderful scene curdled the moment she found herself enjoying it. Even with the windows tightly closed and her heater turned up, she was shivering. The haunting thought that any moment now Vision's body would phase through her wall and she would yell at him for some reason was pulling at her. Wanda would have thought that if that were to happen, she would rejoice! Hop out of bed and hug him, never to let go...but that feeling was replaced by fear and nerves. Part of her would see a ghost and not that man she once loved. Time has passed by her and it was only in this moment that she actually felt what some call, moving on.

As the night dragged on Wanda pushed the covers over her legs, feeling the warm gust of air from the heater she had placed beside her bed

As the night dragged on Wanda pushed the covers over her legs, feeling the warm gust of air from the heater she had placed beside her bed. So many emotions clotted her brain, sitting there amongst her blankets she bit her lip and blinked. They had all lost something, she wasn't the only one, so she had to stop acting this way. Though she knew they all understood, better than anyone ever wood.

Wanda made the decision to make her way to the kitchen for a cup of chamomile tea. It was odd walking through the new building in the dark, though there were very dim running lights near the elevator that kept her from running into the wall. Once she reached the second floor she pulled her satin robe around her shoulders tighter, for all she had on beneath it was her small black silk nightgown, which only covered half of her thighs.

As she found the kitchen, feeling silly for getting a bit lost, she was surprised to see a figure sitting at the table near the window. The build was easy to pinpoint, it was the soldier. James sat hunched over, his face turned away from the kitchen and staring out the window where trees lines the backyard. The compound sat on over 100 acres, it was easy to spot the wild animals at night. Before everything happened Wanda enjoyed sitting on the balcony of her room and watching deer gallop through the foliage.

"Can't sleep?" Her voice was low and careful not to spook, which they all tended to do easily when off-guard. Slowly making her way toward the kettle on the stove she filled it with water and peered over toward the soldier once more.

Bucky was admiring the dark, how it billowed into the forest somehow getting darker as the depth drew on. When she spoke, he relaxed a bit. Perhaps the idea of company soothed him right now, he clutched the hot cup of tea in his hands. "Would have made more if I knew company was on it's way."

"Too bad you're not clairvoyant." Wands found herself teasing.

Bucky almost laughed, but he held it back. "Boy would have have changed things." When she didn't respond he sighed. "Can't sleep either."

"I don't sleep well to begin with." Wanda turned on the stop top. "Being back just drives my nerves. Yet somehow I do feel better."

The accent that rolled off her tongue made him feel calm. He rubbed the cup with his thumb and shook his shook with rhythm. "How are you holding up? You went through a lot."

"We all did." Her answer was quick. "I'm not alone."

"No, but...still. You were close..." Bucky sipped his tea, "I know how it feels to lose something close to you. I basically lost my life. You lost yours, in a sense." Opening up was something he had been working on, something Steve told him he should do. They will respond to you more if you open up. Steve was hardly ever see wrong.

"I still have purpose. Drive." Wanda leaned back against the counter. Bucky looked over toward her, admiring what he saw without really showing it. It was only now he realized her choice of nightwear, and he did not disprove. "There are still things I need to do. I didn't stop when I lost Pietro. And that...that is really when my life stopped. I lost my better half." Wanda looked down at her bare feet and sighed. "When I lost Vision, it angered me. I wanted revenge more than I wanted him back...and that scared me. Brought me back to the time where I feared my power." Her eyes flickered over to him, he leaned back a bit, taken by her stare. "I hate fear."

Bucky saw himself in her, fearing what you had on the inside. Not knowing how to control it. "I understand the feeling."

And he did, he may be the only one that does, and she knew that. For a moment they looked at one another without words, until the kettle's whistle shook her attention.

As she made her tea he turned back to look outside. The way life just seemed to turn back on once everyone was back. Schools opened almost immediately, people finally returned to work. Pepper told them so much about the time whilst they were gone, it was odd hearing about it. Knowing your existence was....well....non-existent.

To his surprise the chair in front of him pulled out and the witch sat down in it, her hands cupping her tea to feel the warmth. The comfort he felt as they sat in silence for quite sometime was fulfilling.

Wanda made her way for the elevator after they both finished their tea, Bucky watched as the doors opened for her. "We're gonna make a great team ya know." Wanda looked up to listen to him, her eyes searching curiously within his. "All of us." She nodded to agree with him and took in a long breath as the door shut between them.