13

This chapters a little all over the place but hope you enjoy it anyway! Remember to vote if you do :) I'd recommend listening to the song above for this chapter hehe

Peridots POV

I woke up early the next morning, to a loud alarm going off. The air smelled of smoke, and I was confused on what was going on.

I sat up and rubbed my face, just as a guard ran into the cellblock I was in and started unlocking cells. His voice was muffled but I could make out a few of the words he was yelling.

"FIRE! THERES A FIRE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS THE GUARDS GIVE YOU TO GET OUT!"

This made me scramble out of my bed, despite how lightheaded and groggy I felt. I stumbled out into the hallway and started to follow whichever way the others were going. I could barely see, and the smoke wasn't helping.

I felt my feet collapse under me and everything went dark.

-

I woke up outside next to a fire truck. There were first responders starring at me as my vision focused, and I blinked my eyes a couple of times to adjust to the light.

"What happened?" I was offered a water bottle by someone, which I accepted and almost chugged the entire thing at once.

"You were too lightheaded from the smoke and passed out. Nothing serious, we were just a tad concerned." They started packing up their things, only making me assume they needed to go help someone else.

"Just wait for further instructions from the guards." They left in a hurry, not even letting me say thank you for saving my life.

I sighed and stood up, which made me a little dizzy but I regained my balance quickly. I decided to walk around and see if I could find Lapis, just so I could make sure she was alright.

As I searched for the bluenette, I was running out of crowds to scan for her in. Surely she was out here, at least I had hoped she was.

I walked up to a guard to ask if they have seen a blue haired, good looking chick around here. They shook their head no and continued doing whatever they were doing.

I spotted Pearl, who I barely knew but she was the only other person I knew. I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Pearl, have you seen Lapis?" She stood for a moment probably wondering about who I was again, then she quickly replied.

"No, not since she got moved into a different cell." She sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm just worried about her is all. I hope she made it out." Pearl nodded, and turned back to the small group she was talking with.

I saw guards pulling out a group of a few more people, and I spotted the bluenette being carried out by two of the bigger guards.

I rushed over to her, but they blocked me from getting closer to her. I protested that they let me see her, which they finally complied with. They probably didn't want to deal with my annoying ass anymore.

She was now laid on a stretcher and was being checked by the medical team. I noticed a few burns on her arms, and I started panicking. She hadn't moved for the time Ive been there, and her eyes were closed.

"We've got a pulse, get the bandages and burn cream. We need to cover these up." One of the paramedics shouted into the small tent they were by.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as they started bandaging her up. Her eyes fluttered open just as they left, they told me to keep an eye on her and such.