6

(Play the music above for this chapter, and buckle up because it's gonna be cute)

Lapis's POV

After sitting alone in the yard for a couple of hours, it was time for me to go back to my cell. I was getting yelled at by a guard, but I wasn't paying attention to what he was blabbering about.

I walked into the cell, the guard who was previously yelling at me locked it. Peridot was sitting on the desk next to the small window covered by bars.

She was watching the sun set over the lake we were surrounded by, and she sighed when I entered.

"You can talk to me ya know, about whatever's going on." Peridot was still starring out the barred-window, her back still to me.

"I know, it's just- Jasper made me feel so bad about myself that... nevermind it doesn't matter." I slowly walked over and sat down on the other side of the desk, hoping it wouldn't collapse because of our weight on it.

"Well, I'm not Jasper. I don't plan on making you feel bad about yourself, ever." Peridot sighed and looked over at me, letting our eyes meet before she quickly darted her eyes away.

"I know." I sighed and continued watching the sun disappear from the horizon.

After about 15 minutes of watching the sunset in utter silence, Peridot spoke up. "Aren't you bored of this already? I mean.. we've been sitting here for awhile."

"No, this makes me happy. Being here with you, I feel like I'm not alone anymore." Even though we were both criminals, I felt save around Peridot. Safer than I felt with Jasper.

I placed my hand on top of hers, and squeezed it. "I'm gonna head to bed. It's been a long day." I stood up from the desk and walked over to the hard cot.

"Goodnight Lapis." Peridots voice was soft, she sounded tired and flustered about my hand on hers.

"Goodnight Peri." There was barely any light in the cell, but I could see her cheeks heat up a bit. "Oh and you don't have to sleep on the floor, there's plenty of room up here." I scooted close to the wall and closed my eyes, drifting off into a slumber.

After awhile, I felt the mattress sink down next to me. I looked over my shoulder to see Peridot lying next to me, her chest rising and falling slowly.

ah this chapters short but sweet. anyways hoped ya like their soft moments and I'll cya next Saturday for the next chapter :)