XXI - Attention

Blu

I woke up this morning at 5:00 to start my day. I headed to the training room that the twins showed me the other day to get some energy into my system before I started getting ready for school.

It was Monday and I had to attend school since I've missed almost a week's worth of assignments, and I also had to mentally prepare myself for Rivers' foolishness.

I haven't been avoiding Rivers or anything, father has just been testing my knowledge and skills like I'm NOT the number one assassin in the whole world. I mentally roll my eyes just by the memory of that.

But since he's been putting a lot on my plate, I haven't had the chance to talk to Rivers at all, I'm not even there for meals because I'm out with father. So today I hope I can finally have some time to hangout with him.

I headed back into my room after an hour on the punching bag. I took off my previous clothes and jumped into the shower. After about 45 minutes I was finally ready for school when I heard a knock on my door, "come in."

Matt walked through the door and looked my up and down before smirking at my uniform.
"What?"

"Nothing, it's just that both you and Rivers look absolutely ridiculous in your uniforms, " he commented.

"I will personally cut off all of your limbs and feed them to you Matthew," I warned while glaring daggers at him. He jumped back in fear and quickly announced that breakfast is ready. I gave him a nod and he left my room.

I looked at myself through the mirror one more time before debating on putting on shorts under my skirt, "Nah, it's a long skirt anyway," I said to myself.

I made my way down stairs to the dining area to see Rivers in the school uniform eating his waffles. I didn't know what Matt was talking about, Rivers still managed to look dashing in a school uniform. I sat down in my usual seat and looked over to Rivers with a grin that didn't meet my eyes. He looked up to see me grinning before asking, "what?"

"Nothing... classmate"

He gave me an ' are you serious ? ' look while the others silently chuckled. I started eating my waffles like I didn't see his disapproving look.

When we finished eating Rivers and I made our way to the doors as two maids gave us our back packs. We slid into the car and made our way to the school.

"So how was your day yesterday?" I asked making conversation.

"Eh," he replied dryly.

"Wow, ok, I'll check off 'small talk' from my list of things to do today," I mumbled. He scoffed and we continued our ride to school silently.

Once Rivers found a parking spot we made our way to class. The halls were filled with students chattering before heading to their classes. I stopped at my locker to drop off my after noon books and get my morning books. I saw from the corner of my eye that girls were staring at me, wait, no, staring at Rivers.

I looked behind me to see him on his phone waiting for me, "Aren't you going to get your books?" I asked curiously.

"I already got them Blu," He replied rudely.

There's something wrong, he never calls me my name, only that ridiculous pet name 24/7. I just won't ask him about it unless he wants to talk about it...

"Then why don't you go ahead of me to the classroom, you know, introduce yourself to the teacher and take a seat somewhere," I calmly suggested.

He just scoffed in my face and headed up the stairs to the classroom.

What the fuck is up with him?

We had a great night a couple of days ago, did I do something wrong?

If he wants to play games, then Ill be the one to win...

I finished grabbing my books and headed to the lady's room before going to class.

When I walked through the classroom 5 minutes late I noticed that almost every girl was gawking over Rivers who was sitting in the very back just watching the teacher explain something about mathematical algorithms. His leg was bouncing up and down and I could already tell he wanted to leave.

"Miss Blu, care to explain why you're 5 minutes late, or better yet, why you were absent for a week?" Mr. Howards asked accusingly. He was a middle aged man with light brown hair and hazel eyes, he was good looking but a total biach .

All of the students' attention was now towards me, and if Rivers wanted to treat me rudely, then I can act rudely.

"Would love to but you're interrupting the class Mr. Howards, make chit chat on your own time," I stated calmly and made my way to my seat near the wall. I heard many students gasp and others chuckle at how I used a teachers words against them, but Mr. Howards just rolled his eyes and went back to writing the equations on the board.

The next few classes I had the same attitude towards the teachers, and there were many outbreaks of laughter from the students resulting in many interruptions throughout the day.

"Hey Blu, how do you make up these jokes so easily? They're hilarious!" I recognized this classmate as Theo. He was very good looking with brown swept up hair and green captivating eyes.

I just shrugged with a small smile that didn't reach my eyes. He then put his hand on mine, "Well they're absolutely entertaining, I really enjoy them," he said while staring deep into my eyes. I couldn't help but notice how his green eyes had a bit of hazel in them, but then again, this is the closest I've ever been to him.

He looked away but started drawing circles on the back of my hand as the teacher was talking. I eventually gave in and let our fingers I intertwine with each other. He then kissed the back of my hand while staring deep into my eyes that made me blush, but it wasn't the same as Rivers. He let go when he had to take notes and I smiled shyly at him. I felt eyes burning in the back of my head, so I turned around to see Rivers glaring at me with disappointment in his eyes. I smirked at how I got to him but he only looked down to write down some notes.