XXIX - Masquerade (P1)

Blu

These past four days were filled with more chaotic things that could've been done in the free week that we had before. My father had me finish at least mountains of paperwork for him as Matt and Zach dealt with prostitutes, the twins dealt with guns, and Rivers dealt with the drugs. Now I know what you're thinking, you're not supporting them in the prostitution business right?

I've actually looked into it to find out that the girls who work for my father do it willingly. They get their fair share and know what they are getting themselves into. They're brave, I'll give them that.

When I finally finished with the paperwork my dad so eagerly wanted me to finish in 3 days, I headed up to my room to take a much needed nap during the evening that turned into a deep slumber that lasted 16 hours. I know right!? S I X T E E N WHOLE HOURS! But honestly I've slept through more.

Now, it is currently 5:00 p.m. and we are finishing up our discussion of things that we need to be careful of during the masquerade,

"Alright remember, look out for anything fishy of the Blood Diamonds, be on the lookout for any unfamiliar figure even though we would unfortunately be wearing masks, but still, be on the lookout. And Blu you are not going to be involved in any fighting you got it? Dismissed," My father finished off. I took in his last words and jumped up in protest as I processed them, "No getting involved? Why not?" I complained.

"No one can know you're the infamous Baby Blu. It is actually rumoured that you were finally killed, now let's keep it that way please," my father pleaded. I can see the sincerity in his eyes and I knew that he meant what he said, he wants to keep me safe.

I crossed my arms and let out a huff of frustration as I thought it over. I soon came to an understanding with him and agreed, "But if something comes flying my way that could put me in the face of danger I will turn into their worst nightmare understand father? " I warned. He visibly gulped as I pointed my finger at him and he nodded his head in fear. I walked away from him to start getting ready for the ball that started at 8:00 and decided that this would be the perfect time to start getting ready without any rush.

Thankfully Rivers was kind enough to get ready in a different room because, and I quote, "Girls are scary when they get ready." I rolled my eyes at him and shooed him away with a flick of my wrist.

I started off with a nice, warm, rose water bath as I poured in some lavender scented bubble soap to help me smell good. After soaking for about an hour and a half I jumped into the shower to wash my hair. I jumped out with an hour and fifteen minutes to do my hair and makeup and still get my figure into that tight dress.

I blow dried my hair and pinned it into a side neat, messy bun with a few curly tassels on either side of my face. I started my makeup and settled for a natural but defined look and was pleased with how it turned out. My foundation and contour was perfect with my eyebrows that were done neatly with light brown eyeshadow on my lids. I finished coating on my mascara and blessed my genes for naturally long eyelashes.

I took the dress from it's hiding spot and placed it on the bed, admiring the lace on it as my hand travelled over it. I dropped my towel and shimmied my way into the dress, gosh how in the fu-

I finally got the straps on my shoulders and zipped myself up arranging the dress. I stepped into the silver heels and buckled them before drooling at myself in the mirror. I know I was being a little conceited but who doesn't like a little self love am I right?

 I know I was being a little conceited but who doesn't like a little self love am I right?