page 22

He continuously tried to make inane conversations with me, but I purposefully ignored him. He would have Daniel come keep my company during the day and he would spend the late afternoons or evenings with me. I could never hurt Daniel, he was actually the only friend I had. The only thing that was fun while being stuck in this hell hole.

"Maya, you have a dinner party to attend later, the master has already made the necessary arrangements." Daniel said as he was making breakfast.

"Yipee, another soiree where he can degrade me all over again, I don't feel like going." I replied.

"Maya, I know that the master can be, well a little difficult at times, but just give him a chance, he is actually quite decent once you get to know him." He pleaded.

"Nice, he is incapable of being nice, he's an asshole!" I shouted.

" I know for a fact that Lord Tristan loves you." he said unapologetic.. I shot him an evil glance and rolled my eyes.

"I can assure you that he does love you, in his own twisted, sadistic way, but he cannot help it, he's a vampire, you of all people should understand their nature." he said boldly.

"I thought you were my friend, how can you take his side." I fumed.

"I am just stating the obvious Maya, I am not taking sides."

"Well it sure looks that way" I grumbled as I bit into my bagel.

Daniel smiled, patted me on the head and kissed my cheek. "Just give it a shot, for me... please" he retorted with a puppy dog look.

"I am not promising anything. I hate that foul beast." I snapped.

Daniel laughed and then began his monotonous routine of closing all the shutters and drapes throughout the house. When he finished he said "I'm off to collect your gown for the party tonight, I will be back in a while, try not to miss me too much." I smiled.

I sighed to myself, oh jeez, another day wasted in this hell hole, So i decided to surf the net, that was something Tristan had done to keep me occupied, I must admit, that was a good idea. I must have dozed off after a while, because I was awakened by the sound of Daniel's voice saying:

" Maya, Maya, get up, it's time to get ready for the party."

"Mmm..". I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes. "Oh yes, the party, yay!" I said with thick sarcasm.

"You will go, have fun and enjoy it. Now I must leave you to get ready." he said as he spun around and exited my room.

I drew hot bath and I soaked in there for a while, thinking of Adam, my mom and horrible ways to kill Tristan. When my fingers became like prunes, I got out blow dried my hair and pinned it into a neat pony tail and added a french roll. I applied my makeup slowly making sure it was perfect, so Tristan would appraise my beauty and know that he could never have me, because I would never sleep with him willingly.

I strode over to my bed, to unwrap my dress, it was in a pretty white box, with red and white ribbons attached to it on either sides. I undid the strings and opened the box, I was astonished by what I saw. It was a long evening gown, of a deep crimson red color, it was backless with high slits on either sides. Wow I thought to myself, this dress was definitely going to attract attention.

After I got dressed, I put on the strappy red shoes that were on the floor. I looked beautiful, as I took a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

I made my way down the staircase, can anyone say deja vu? I thought to myself, as I saw him standing there. He looked like something out of a magazine, he was gorgeous in his decadent red shirt and black trousers, he left the buttons on the top of the shirt opened, exposing his chest. His hair was disheveled as usual, but he looked good none the less.