page 18

Where was all this rage and jealousy coming from? that was so unlike me, it had me both confused and irritated at the same time. I grabbed her and pushed her against a wall narrowing my face into hers, my voice cold, my eyes turning crimson, yip, I was definitely angry, I felt my fangs explode inside my mouth and my lips curling back.

" Get your hands off of me, I don't know who the hell you think you are Tristan, but you are not my father, or my OWNER!" she screamed at me 

It was in this instant that all logic and reason shot out of me,I owned her, what the hell was she saying I angrily replied," Listen to me Maya Hayes, you are mine, and if I so much as catch you talking to or looking at any other man or vampire tonight, I will have your head, is that understood?!" She just shook her head. For the first time, Maya was speechless, she had no back chats, or no attitude with me, then she had to go spoil it by mumbling " We were just dancing, I really don't see the problem." In that instant, I did not know what got over me, because I slapped her across her face, as hard as I could with all my might.

I replied " I do not care, I did not like it, and you are never to do it again! Do I make myself clear? If not, there will be dire consequences" I threatened. She just stalked off, holding her face as tears rolled down her cheeks. As I stood there watching my reflection in a mirror, I contemplated on what I had done. Look at what the half breed made me do, look how irrational she had me behaving, what the hell was going on? I dismissed those thoughts by convincing myself, saying that, I did not want anybody else finding out what she was, that her blood was the key to our evolution, that's why I behaved so crazy. I composed myself and made my way back into the conversation I was having prior to all this madness and occasionally peered at her from across the room. I tried, but I couldn't help it, thinking of her with another man was just eating me up inside, I had to ensure that she was following my orders, so I excused myself from the little discussion I was having and made my way over to her.

Maya's p.o.v. 

What the hell is going on here? I thought to myself, Tristan has gone mad. Why is he behaving like a mad man, I couldn't help it, so I slapped him across his face, he then grabbed me and told me that I belonged to him, I am his, What the fuck? Vampires were always such jealous minded creatures, but I never thought that Tristan would behave like this, we had an understanding, "Aah" then it dawned on me, a surprising change in events, Tristan was falling for me, score, an unforeseen development, this may actually work out in my favor. If he was falling for me, that made it easier to use him to find Linx, and a whole lot easier to destroy Tristan, because by falling for me, he will let his guard down, giving me the opportune chance to kill him seeing that he knew what I was, I did not trust him,as he could turn on me and use me or my blood for his own selfish reasons. Slowly I felt a plan coming together. Yes! It might actually work.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, he slapped me across my face, shock and anger ran through me instantly, I could feel the tears as they ran down my face, I was so angry, I wanted to kill him right then and there, but I played it cool and walked away.

My face was throbbing so hard from the slap i received, I hated Tristan for doing that, another thing to add on my 'Why I hated vampires list'. Suddenly I saw him making his way over to me, God I wanted to kill the bastard.

"Maya" he called cordially acting like he had done nothing at all. "It's time to go." 

"But I haven't found out anything as yet." I replied 

"They aren't going to say anything, plus half of them here don't believe you exist, so its just a waste of time" but I could see through his facade, he did not want anybody else watching or touching me, I chuckled to myself and thought what a silly vampire.

The car ride home was a long quiet one, we did not speak to each other, but he occasionally made glances in my direction. When we arrived at the house, I got out of the car, still not speaking to him.

"Maya" he beckoned, but I just ignored him. I flew up to my room with super human speed and watched my swollen face in the mirror.Fucking vampire I thought. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by quick raps on the door. "Maya" he called as he continued knocking on the door.

"Maya please open up, God damn it, this is my house, and I won't tolerate any locked doors. Suddenly the doors came crashing down in front of me and Tristan made his way inside.

"Look at my face, look at what you've done!" I screamed.

"Well Maya you deserved it." he said icily. "You are to know your place, and it is by my side, no man, mortal or immortal will have you but me" he said gazing at me

"Fuck you,Tristan and go to hell" I shouted.

"Gladly, he said smiling."I will teach you a lesson tonight, you will be broken, and you will be mine," he commented acidly. Then I saw it, his eyes, they were crimson red, not with hunger but with lust, as he ripped off my clothesand threw me on the bed.

Holy shit! what was it with vampires and raping? I thought to myself.