page 24

"What happened just now?" I asked breathlessly, as I laid across his chest.

"Pleasure." He replied with a smile on his face, as he gently stroked my hair.

"No. I mean, one minute I despise you, then the next I want you, that's so weird, don't you think?" I asked seriously.

He remained quiet. "Is there something you are not telling me?" I asked angrily. " Shit I knew it, you used your mind games on me didn't you, and I fell for it." I was furious now. I got up and fluttered across the room making my way to leave. He got up and held me back, throwing me on the bed, putting his weight on me.

"What, are you gonna rape me again?" I asked dully.

"No Maya, I am not going to rape you and no I did not use mind games on you. Please do not go, I am going to explain what happened." he said calmly.

"Please do not overreact. Where do I start?"

"How about by telling the truth!" I fumed.

"Okay, so, you remember when you drank my blood, and I said that it will create a bond between us?" he asked, carefully watching my reaction. I nodded.

"Well it works like this, you feel whatever I feel, and vice versa. I can single out your voice amongst the overlapping multitude of voices without having to work at it. That's how I was able to rush by your side so quickly tonight when Dimitri was smothering you." He said his name with such contempt.

"What the hell? So you tricked me?" I shouted while trying to push him away.

"I swear to you, I did not!" he protested." Look my.. Maya, I love you, and I know you do not love me, I promise I won't do anything to hurt you ever again, just please don't leave me, please stay with me tonight, I cannot bear it when you are upset with me. I'm sorry. Please believe me" he cried.

What have I gotten myself into? I silently thought.

"Okay I will stay the night." I replied. This stupid vampire was wearing me down. I blamed it on the great sex.  He smiled and hugged me then asked:

"How about round two?" I smiled hugely as I pulled him into me and kissed his face. "Lets begin shall we." I whispered into his ear. He smiled back and that was the beginning of round two.

I did not realize how tired I was as I had slept through the entire morning, I awakened to find Tristan sleeping next to me, normally he only occupied this room at night and slept in his coffin during the day, he must have really trusted me to believe that I wouldn't pull the curtain and let the sunlight obliterate him, but my mind was filled with peace another side effect from Tristan, so I curled up and snuggled closer into him.

We awakened in the late afternoon, and as I rolled, I felt Tristan's hands tighten around my waist and his lips on my cheek." Good evening beautiful, I trust you slept well?"

"I did, how about you?" I retorted

"Very well seeing that you were next to me." he replied. What a corny vampire. I laughed to myself.

"Tristan?" I called. "Hmm" he replied "I wanted to ask you, how is it that I felt these bonded feelings only recently and not as soon as I drank your blood, I'm confused."

"I do not know, but remember you are a half breed, so I suppose it takes a while to work on you than with humans and vampires" he responded.

"Oh okay." I mumbled.

"So, what's your last name?"I asked, making conversation, as I realized I never knew it.

"It's Bailey. My name is Tristan Bailey."

"Okay, so where is your mother, I only hear you speak about your father?"

"My mom is dead, she was killed, I do not wish to talk about it." he said icily.

" Okay then we won't." I said trying to soothe him. I could feel his sadness coursing through me, it hit me hard.