chapter 5

Father, did I hear right? that evil bastard was Tris's father. Oh my God.

"My, my, it cannot be, you look so much like my Gloria, yes, it is you... Ha ha!" i heard him exclaim. "All these years I was searching for you, and here you are, sleeping with my son, oh this is a delight."

"Tristan, is this your father?"I asked repulsed.

"Yes, yes it is" he replied disgusted.

"But Maya, what the hell is going on, what is he talking about? Do you know him?" he asked confused.

"This is the vampire that made me what I am today" I responded.

"What!?" He exclaimed. "I know you are sick, but what you did was just wrong father."

"I am a scientist and when I stumbled upon her blood in the hospital lab by mistake I had to.... experiment." "You see son, long ago I used to disguise myself as a doctor and go feed on the patients in the hospital, it got boring quickly." he continued

"When I saw her rare blood type I took it upon myself to inquire more, and the more I did the more amazing it was, so I decided to mix her blood with mine and see the outcome. Well it was a great one I see, all of our strengths, none of our weaknesses, marvelous. I had kept tabs on her, but lost her when she moved in with her aunt. I cannot sense her, or her emotions which is weird because she drank from me. I do not how how that is possible. Maybe because she is a half breed."

"She is part human father and she does have some of our weaknesses, so your experiment was shot to hell. Silver harms her and long exposure to sunlight weakens her, bet you wasn't counting on that!" Tristan spat hatefully.

"Interesting, silver harms her, but.... she does not com bust with sunlight. Amazing." Linx smiled widely.

As he made his way over to me and caressed my face, I heard Tristan snarl, and shouted" Do not touch her, get away from her, or I swear to you I will kill you."

He meant it, cause i could feel his emotions sweeping through me. I felt loved and protected. Linx then rushed over to him and squeezed Tristan's neck between his fingers. "I will kill you you cretin, you are no son of mine!" linx shouted.

"Leave him alone you swine." I screamed as I shoved him away from slamming him into the concrete wall. "Tris are you okay" I whispered as I examined his throat.

"Oh how sweet and so naive, you foolish foolish girl, it was Tristan who sold you out to me, he wanted to use your blood just as much as I, wooing you was just part of the plan. Did he also mention that he had those vampires kill all those humans at Bistro's, then he hired them to hunt you down" he laughed out." Oh I thought not" he snickered.

I backed away from Tristan, and looked at him with disgust. Hurt and sadness overpowered me. I could not form words, I began crying. I knew he felt my emotions engulfing him as it reflected upon his face. He tried to touch me but I continued to back away.

"Please My, hear me out, I always liked you, but when you told me what you were, I was intrigued, I was intoxicated with the idea of walking in the sun again, but my likeness for you quickly turned into love. Remember when I killed Vlad, I did that for you, because he was hurting you, that alone should tell you that I had feelings for you from the very start!" he exclaimed.

But I wasn't listening, I blocked him out. Then I responded with sadness coloring my tone" You made me fall for you, thinking that you loved me, but it was all a lie, I bared my soul to you, even let you claim me, bite me and all along it was a game, a lie, a sham." I cried

"I love you Maya" he said with such reverence as he made his way over to me and lightly touched my cheek.

"Do not touch me ever again." I spat at him." Maya please, No! don't be like this just hold me in your arms and say you forgive me, please" he begged.

" I wouldn't even spit on you if you were on fire" I commented with derision. This cut him deep as I felt his sadness enter my body, but I did not care for all I know this was another one of his tricks.

"Well this has been entertaining but I'm afraid we must take our leave now Maya." Linx commented. Tristan got up of the floor and made an attempt to stop him, but Linx flung him through the walls like he was throwing a paper plane.

"Yo are no match for me son, give up, plus she obviously doesn't want you anymore, you will get over it I promise." Linx laughed then picked me up and we vanished into the night.