page 30

Tristan then made his way over to me and said "My love, we must go, for I am no match for my father" he will surely destroy me."

"I hope he kills you and you die a slow painful death," I said icily. My words had hurt him."even if you did save me, it still does not dismiss what you did, I forgave you for forcing yourself on me, but this I surely cannot forgive."

"I understand." I will never bother you again, Be safe my love, and know that I love you." he said as tears rolled out his eyes. He was really crying... I did not know vampires cried. Shocking.

I made my way over to Adam's house, knocked on it, and there he was standing in the frame.

"Maya" he cried." You look like shit! Come on in and clean up" he said as he opened the door wider.

"Thanls Adam, I could always count on you."

"I know I know, what would you do without me." he teased.

After I showered and put on one of Adam's shirts, I decided to tell him the truth, the whole story and not leave out anything

"Fuck me! " he exclaimed. " Are you okay though? I mean how are you holding up.?" he asked."

"I'm okay now, but I can't stay here long, I don't want to put you in any danger." I said as I stroked his cheek.

"But for crying out loud Maya, of all the things to fall for, you chose a vampire." he said disgust clearly in his tone.

"Yes I know, but I really do not wish to speak about it anymore, I need sleep."

"Okay, you can sleep in my bed, and I will sleep on the couch."

"Thanks Adam, for everything." I said with gratitude.

"No problem chick. That's what friends are for." He replied.

"I pulled the covers over my head and drifted off to dream land.

When I awakened the next morning, Adam had not gone to work. He decided to stay at home with me and keep my company. I was grateful because I did not want to be alone. We stayed in and watched old movies whole day.

"Please excuse me Adam. I'm going to refresh myself," pointing at my armpits. "I stink." I made my way upstairs to the shower took of my clothes, and stepped into the warm flowing water. I was in deep thought when I was interrupted by a soft rap on the door, it was Adam.

"Maya can I come in?" he asked

"Sure, its unlocked" I replied.

He made his way in and sat on the toilet seat and then asked" why did you fall for him and not me, I mean after all I did take your virginity in high school, but yet you fell for a man, a dead one too, that raped you and forced himself on you, when I was the complete opposite?"

His question took me by surprise. "Uh.. I do not know, I just think we are better off as friends. I appreciate everything that you did for me, then and now"

"And still doing" he cut me off mid way to say.

"But I do not like you like that, I do not love you." I replied

"So you love your vampire?" he said, he was jealous.

"I do not wish to speak about this now, please leave." I said

"Maya just try please try, at least once, please." He begged.

"So i got out of the shower, completely naked and said " Okay, lets give it a shot."

I began kissing him, and he kissed back, he grabbed my buttocks and breasts, I tried as much as I could, but I was not feeling him, I did not want it, I did not want him. He could never be my Tristan. I told him "This is not working, I am not into you, I'm sorry."

Just before I could push him away, I saw Tristan standing there, his eyes red, his jaw clenched, hurt and sorrow coloring his face, rage in his eyes.

"You said you were mine Maya, that you belonged to me, how could you go do this?" he asked outraged.

"Maya, wanted a taste of  a real man, not a dead one, you know how it is with first loves, I took her virginity years ago, and she gave it to me willingly, unlike you who had to force yourself on her and play games in order for her to love you, you make me sick!" Adam shouted.