page 29

Maya's p.o.v.

When I opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar white room , I then felt a burning sensation in my wrists and feet, upon closer examination I was strapped down on a white table with silver restraints. hooked up to a machine, that was slowly draining my blood from my body.

Then I saw her, my mother, She had not aged at all, she looked no different than she did when I was three, God , I really did look like her we could pass as sisters, I then smiled at her. Oh how I missed my mother.

"Mom, mom, its me," I said as tears streamed down my face, she looked at me with scorn.

"I have no children my dear, I am sorry you are mistaken, and if I did, they surely wouldn't be human like you" she spat wickedly as turned around.

"Mom. it's me Maya, try to remember, Linx kidnapped you when I was a baby, he hypnotized you, that's why you can't remember me. Mom please try to remember." I cried." How can you deny me mom, we look alike, you surely cannot deny that." I blurted out.

"Yes you do look like me, but I can assure that is just merely a coincidence." I grabbed unto the hem of her skirt, then she spun around and dug her claws into my arms and said " Pleas refrain from touching me, I do not know you, you are merely a step towards our evolution, so what if you look like me, it does not mean we are related." "Do not touch me again!" she threatened.

I cried and cried, my mother had disowned me, forgotten about me, I was hurt. Then another wave of hurt and rage swept through me, I was feeling Tristan's emotions, he was here, he had come to save me, but I was still angry with him.

At that same moment. Linx walked through the door." It appears your lover has come to save you my dear" he chuckled and strode over to my mother.

"What have you done to her? Why can't she remember me?" I screamed at him.

"I do not know what you are talking about dear, I can assure you, you do not know this woman, now silence, before I kill you now rather than later."

"Lincoln, why does this girl claims to be my daughter, and why do we look alike" my mother asked. Let me see him explain that I thought.

"Well my dear, alot of people in the world look alike, so I cannot explain why she looks like you, but I can assure you she is not your child. I would never harm anything that was yours or belongs to you. Plus you know we don't have any kids" he lied convincingly, I almost believed him.

My mother sighed ad kissed his face, "Very well then honey, I believe you." and then she walked out of the room.

"Father!, Father, come on out let me kill you" I heard Tristan shouted, Oh my gosh, his father was stronger than him, he could kill him. i instantly began to worry.

"Let me go deal with this traitor scum of a son, and I will be back soon" he said walking out of the room.

Shit Tristan was surely going to die now, I panicked. Then I felt hands over my mouth, shushing me. It was Tristan. He quickly freed me and led me out through a trap door.

"We must leave now!" he said as he ran with me out through the back. He then placed me down where I saw Tristan for the time acting like a true vampire, he sank his fangs into one guard and ripped the other one in half tearing him from his torso, I watched as he fed from them and ripped out their hearts.

I was slowly fading into blackness, I had lost a lot of blood and the scent of those vampires blood were all to appealing, I slowly made my way over to Tristan and assisted him with his feeding frenzy.