Chapter Twelve: Wedding Dresses

Gabby's P.O.V:

Skylar and I were on our way to another dress shop. This one was famous, and had every type of dress there. If we didn't find the perfect dress there, we'd be doomed.

We got bored just sitting there listening to Skylar's CD's, mainly BVB and Sleeping With Sirens songs, so we decided to play a game.

"Ok. So, why do you love Jack?" She asked. Yes, the game was 20 questions.

"Have you seen Jack? He's got a sexy face." I replied. We both started laughing, and I ran out if breath. "Ok, seriously. I love him because he's the sweetest guy in the universe. He loves me for who I am. He accepted that I friend zoned him, and he still talked to me! You already know a lot of guys don't do that. He's really funny, and knows how to make me smile when I'm crying. He's seen me at my best and worst and still thought I was beautiful. He doesn't mind if I steal all the covers in the middle of the night, and he'll do anything to protect me. I'm his world, and he treats me like it. If his friends disrespect me, they better watch out. He's so protective... It's a HUGE bonus that he's hot... I don't know. I just love him."

Skylar stopped at a red light, and turned to me, "OH MY GOD!!!!!! AWE!!!!!!! OTP GABBY!!!!!!!!!" She started hitting my arm super hard, and I pushed her off.

"Take a chill pill dude!" We laughed as she continued driving. "So, why do you love Jeydon?"

"He's sexy. And funny. He treats me like a Queen. I love him because he loves me. That's how we work. He's funny and weird and completely crazy. He's exactly like me, but a million times better. I want to spend eternity with him." She answered, her eyes locked on the road.

We both stayed silent, and I looked up in the morning sky. The moon was still out, "Maybe Manny will turn him immortal. You know, like he did with me."

"Gabby. As much as I would LOVE that, it's not gonna happen. You were on the verge of death, and you had a purpose to be served. What would Jeydon be? Jack's already Guardian of Fun, you're Guardian of Love, I'm Guardian of Death..." She trailed off, making herself frown.

"He could be Guardian of... The outcasts!" I exclaimed.

"He could be WHAT?!" She was very confused.

"Guardian of The Outcasts. You know? The kids no one plays with! The ones everyone makes fun of. Or, he doesn't have to be a Guardian at all. Can't he just be immortal?" I concluded as we pulled into the parking lot of the store.

"I guess. But, he'd have to die first. Remember?" She said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh. Right. Well, let's worry about this stuff later. Come on! Let's find our wedding dresses!!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah yeah! I'm coming." She giggled.

Jack's P.O.V:

Jeydon and I were sitting at home on the couch watching football. Bears were losing to the Patriots, which was a riot.

The entire game, I had an un-easy feeling about something. Like, I felt as if something was going to happen. And, soon enough, something did happen. At half time, we heard a bang coming from my room. It sounded like glass shattering, then we heard screaming. Sarah's screaming.

"Get off of me you creep!!!" Sarah hollered.

I raced to my room to see Sarah wrestling with Matt.

"MATT!!!! I TOLD YOU TO NEVER COME HERE AGAIN!!!" I boomed with anger.

"Actually, you said never talk to Gabby again." He replied smirking.

I clenched my fists until they turned white, "Get. Out." I said through clenched teeth.

"I think... No!" He screamed as he grabbed a knife and stabbed Sarah in the gut, "Well, I'd love to stay and watch her die, but, gotta run!" And with that he was gone.

I raced to Sarah's side and screamed for someone to call 9-1-1. Sarah was like a sister to me, and she meant the world to Gabby, I had to help her.

"You're gonna be fine, Sarah. Stay with me." I tried calming her down.

Sarah's P.O.V:

The pain was intense. I couldn't breath. My eyes felt heavy, and I was fighting to keep them open. Jack kept talking to me, but after a while, his words were hard to make out.

"Sara- I'm- ok- sta- ple- no-" he sounded like he was on the phone with me, and we were breaking up.

I lightly laughed, "Take care if Gabby."

"Don't- goodbye- no-" was all I heard out of him.

I smiled, and closed my eyes, and let myself be consumed by the darkness.