Chapter Thirteen: Three Wishes

Jack's P.O.V:

Sarah laid there. Lifeless. On my lap. My heart stopped. This fifteen year old girl was like my little sister. Was like Gabby's little sister. She was there for everyone when they were having a bad day. Even Thomas. She was so caring. And weird. She was annoying, but you got used to it. Tears streamed down my face at the realization that Sarah was gone. And no one could help.

Sarah's P.O.V:

I woke up in a room filled with dark green trees and it had a nice summer breeze. It was so beautiful.

"Is this heaven?" I asked, the scene took my breath away.

I heard a slight chuckle, then a deep masculine voice , "No, Sarah. This isn't heaven. This is where Gabby came when she became Cupid, where Jack came when he became Jack Frost, and where Skylar came when she became Death. And now, Sarah, you're here to become Summer."

"Wait. You're Manny? And, why am I becoming summer? What is this??" I questioned.

He laughed again, "You will be Summer because you have a warm heart. You see, you always bring joy to peoples lives, and even if that means you can't be happy. You're very noble. Giving up your happiness for someone else's. And for that, I'm giving you, and two other people of your choice, one wish. Who do you choose?"

"Gabby and Skylar. They still haven't found the right wedding dress for their big day. And can I make my wish now?" I needed to know something, and he could help.

"Go ahead." He replied.

"Who is my true love?"

Gabby's P.O.V:

No luck. At all. Manny hates us, or something, because we found NOTHING.

"Cupid, I have a surprise for you." Speaking of Manny.

"What might that be?" I asked looking up at the moon.

"Your best friend. Immortal. Oh, and you get one wish." He answered.

"My best friend immortal? ...SARAH?!?! SHE DIED?!?!" I screamed in horror.

"WHAT?!?!?" Skylar yelled, and stomped her foot on the petal as fast as she could.

We had to get home as soon as possible.

Jack's P.O.V:

I watched Sarah closely. Trying to find any sign of life. Anything. Then it happened. Her hair changed like Gabby's did. Her hair turned blood red, and her skin got a little darker. Like she got a summer tan. Her eyes popped open, they were purple. A huge smile went across her face.

"SARAH?! YOUR ALIVE?!" I screamed in joy and confusion.

"YEAH!!! I'm now the Guardian of Laughter. When do kids laugh most? SUMMER!!!" She screamed in excitement.

She leaped up and started dancing around. I started dancing with her, when Gabby and Skylar burst through the door.

"Um... What the hell are you two doing?" Gabby asked with an amused look on her face.

I felt my cheeks heat up, "Um, well, uh..."

"WE WERE DANCING BECAUSE IM IMMORTAL!!!!" Sarah screamed for joy.

We all laughed, and continued dancing.

We got tired after about 20 minutes of dancing, so we laid on the couch, and rested out eyes. Gabby's head was on my shoulder, and Sarah's head was on her lap. Skylar just sat next to Sarah, looking very uncomfortable.

"Wait. Manny said something about wishes." Gabby said out of the blue.

"Oh, yeah. He gave me one wish, and I got to choose two other people to give a wish to, and I chose you and Skylar." Sarah replied calmly.

"So, Manny gave away three wishes...?" I asked, knowing what that meant. And it wasn't good.