16. Advice

"Taehyung-ahhh...wasn't that fast??",
Hyung rasped as he halted abruptly infront of me, seconds before falling back into the snow.
We had been skiing and playing the whole evening. Forgetting about the other side of our world for a while, we were just ordinary boys, having an ordinary vacation with our noses getting bright pink due to the cold.

I fell down beside him,my body weight sinking deep into the soft snow. The sky for some reason, looked better that night. Maybe it was the weather. Or maybe it was because I had 3 whole days to spend with hyung alone. The cold couldn't compete with my burning excitement.

I turned my head over to him. He had his eyes closed and a smile spread wide across on his face. It made me smile too on reflex and I indulged a good long minute just staring at his side profile.

"Taehyung-ah? Are you tired?" He turned towards me.

"Nope," I replied shifting my gaze upwards hurriedly, a bit embarrassed to be caught staring at him.
"I could stay like this all night and forever if necessary.....cos it's with you." I grinned.

Hyung scoffed at my cheekiness but then he giggled.

"Are you guys dead or something?"

I sat up to find Chamin coming our direction.

"It's so late already. Let's have dinner. What do you wanna have? We can use the resort's kitchen to cook and have a drink,hmm? To celebrate our reunion?^^"
Chamin wiggled with excitement.

It was a good idea. I wasn't the best skier and was eager to be somewhere warmer. I looked over at hyung.

He didn't look excited. And he also doesn't seem to like my friend that much. I've gotten the vibe that he was a bit awkward with him all through the evening. Did me mentioning about my friend being gay too have anything to do with it? Chamin was cool and open about himself and insisted that I don't have to keep it from Jin-hyung either as he wanted to be more closer and friendly. He had even offered to help me or rather offer me advices as he'd gone through some boyfriends himself.

"You go in first. I'll come in after another round or two." Hyung replied quietly as he got up and dusted the snow off himself.

I couldn't pass the opportunity to talk to Chamin alone. I needed those advices and fast, to use them while we were still on the trip.

"Have fun, ok? I'll cook up something good!" I flashed him a smile but he doesn't return it.

Chamin gripped his arms around my neck and whispered, "Come on. You won't die not seeing him for 15 minutes." and chuckled.
We made our way back to the building laughing.

_____________

With the stew bubbling away, my friend turned to me with the spatula still in his hand,

"So, you've kissed him but he doesn't know cos he was asleep. That's some drama shit right there,man." And he laughed out loud.

I should have skipped that part.

"Can you please stop laughing at everything I say and help me abit like you said you would?" I wasn't annoyed. Just a bit embarrassed.

"Okay..okay... but you don't need my help. You just need to watch more dramas," Chamin wheezed.

I regret ever having this conversation.

"Alright. That's it. Let's just cook," I stood up red faced and made my way to the fridge.

Chamin suddenly grabbed my hand and spun me around, pinning me to the door of the fridge, his face just inches away from me. It took me by surprise at how strong he was. I suddenly regretted and wished I was a bit more eager in joining Kook to the gym. Before I could speak, he moved even closer and stared right into my eyes. His whole expression had changed. His stare was strong and intimidating and it made me sweat a little.

"This...," he started. "This is how you do it."

"W-what?" I stutter.

Without moving an inch, his eyes darted to my lips for a split of a second and came back to my eyes again.
"You gotta be bold. According to what you've said, I don't think Seokjin-ssi is totally opposed to the idea of the two of you. It's crazy, I don't have any claim to make but I'd say he's waiting for you to be bolder. Capiche?"

I nodded awkwardly.

"Have you used it? Does it work though?" I managed to ask a bit more calm.

"Why? Wanna try it?" Chamin teased with a smirk and he started giggling.

"W-what? Aisshh you jerk!" I pushed him alil, laughing.

He only returned it with his lips pouting and waving dangerously close to me, making a silly face which made me giggle at his expense.

Then, I heard the door clicked open and Jin-hyung walked in hurriedly. He stopped in his tracks and stared at the scene.

Chamin had not notice the new arrival and continued to tease his kissy face at me.

I pushed him off and we laughed as he hit the counter and fake-groaned as in pain. I opened my mouth to call out to hyung but stopped when I saw his expression.

He was standing still, his gloves and cap off and held in one hand, his face flushed red and shivering a bit. He had been quiet almost everytime Chamin was near us during the trip but at that moment, he looked.....mad?

Chamin called out smiling and asked if he was okay with the dishes we had prepared. He didn't answer. His gaze was directed and fixed at me. I could be wrong but Hyung wasn't even hiding it.

He was fuming.