-Chapter 5- Jax

I felt a drop of water fall onto my head, waking me up. I looked up to see a bright blue sky, and the sound of birds chirping.

"It's not raining." I thought to myself.

I climbed up the wall of the cave to see that the snow had melted and it's much warmer.

"It's spring!" I said, slightly surprised.

I must have not kept track of the days, I shrugged and went to pack my things. Until I heard the sound of a harmonica in the distance. I froze in place listening to the melody. Then I realized.

"Snufkin!"

I grabbed my fiddle and hurried to climb up the wall, almost slipping in the process. I ran across the sandy beach towards the bridge. I stopped short when I saw a small white blurr run towards him, shouting.

"Snufkin!"

I slowly walked towards them.

"That must be Moomin. The one Snufkin told me about."

I started to hear their conversation more clearly as I got closer.

"Hello Moomin, it's very nice to see you again." He said.

He turned his head to see me, and slightly grinned. He sat on the bridge with Moomin leaning beside him.

"Who's that Snufkin?" Moomin asked.

He turned to his friend.

"Do you remember when you told me about the music you hear during hibernation. You say it's like you're being watched over by an angel?"

"Yes?" He answered slightly confused. Then his face lightened.

"Oh, is that her?"

Snufkin nodded. Moomin was filled with delight.

"Miss your music is lovely. It makes my dreams so happy and calm. Wow, thank you for playing for me. I feel so special."

I chuckled slightly at his praise.

"Thank you very much, what's your name?" I asked even though I already knew. I didn't want to scare him away.

"Moomin, what's yours?"

"Jax. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I turned to Snufkin smiling.

"Long time no see. It's nice to cross paths with you again." I said.

He tipped his hat.

"Same to you."

Moomin was shocked.

"You already know her?"

"I met her while I was traveling. Why don't you go introduce her to the others while I unpack." He grinned mischievously.

I chuckled nervously, glaring at Snufkin.

"I really think I should," I stopped short seeing Moomins face. He looked so excited to introduce me to everyone.

"Snufkin, why."

I sighed.

"I think that's a great idea."

Moomin took my hand and led the way as we both ran towards the bright blue house. Snufkin waving as we did. Moomin opened the door to the house and called for his mother.

"Mama, mama."

"Yes, dear?"

I stood at the door awkwardly waiting for Moomin to come back.