-Chapter 15- Jax

Two Ticky and I walked towards my resting place where I had kept the presents.

"Oh this place?" Two Ticky asked.

"Yes I stay down here during winter. It's quite cozy once you get settled in." I said grabbing my lantern and match box.

"I'll be right back."

I lit the lantern and started to climb down the cave wall. I grabbed the sack of presents and my fiddle case then climbed right back up. Two Ticky had a confused look on her face when she saw my fiddle.

"What instrument do you play?"

"The fiddle, I usually play for everyone who is hibernating."

"Oh yes, I've heard many of your songs before." She said smiling.

"Have you? Would you like to hear another one?"I asked setting the bad down to open my case.

"Yes please! That would be wonderful." She said clapping.

I smiled and pulled my instrument out, the started to play a familiar festive melody. I heard Two Ticky start to hum along with the melody of jingle bells. It was one of the christmas songs my mother would sing when we went caroling. I smiled remembering it. When I stopped the song I heard Two Ticky clapping.

"Bravo!" She said smiling.

I took a slight bow and put my fiddle back in it's case.

"Let's go deliver these presents, shall we?"

                                                                                           • • •

I stopped at the door thinking of ways on how to get inside. I looked through the window to see the fireplace was on.

"Well that crosses out the traditional way."

"What are you doing?" Two Ticky asked.

I looked over to see that she had the door opened. I was baffled.

"How did you do that?!"

She put her pointer finger over her mouth.

"They leave it unlocked all the time. They say it's so that they can offer hospitality while they're asleep."

"That's a bit dangerous don't you think?"

"I do, but it's in our favor at the moment."

I nodded and we both tip toed inside, careful not to make a noise. I set the bag down by the tree and we started to unload the presents. I spotted the plate of cookies they had set out for Santa. It had a note along with it. I decided to read it. I didn't recognize the handwriting, it was a bit sloppy but eligible.

"Dear Santa, my name is Moomintroll. I live in Moomin valley with my Mama and Papa. I have some friends named Little My, Snorkmaiden, Sniff, Snufkin, and Jax. We have all been very good this year and I hope we all fall under your nice list. We wouldn't have known about you without my friend Jax so I have her to thank. I hope you get her something extra special. Please except these cookies as an offering of our hospitality. Merry Christmas! Moomin.

P.S. The milk is in the fridge if you would like some.

I smiled at the note.

"What's that?" Two Ticky asked.

"It's a note from Moomin to Santa. Would you like to share these cookies with me?" I asked smiling.

"Don't mind if I do." She said taking a snowman shaped pastry.