You we're walking back with a drink in your hand when you noticed the side of Shorter's head. There was a fairly long cut and it looked fresh. You ran your finger over it.

"How'd this happen?" You questioned.

"I got into a bit of a fight earlier, it's nothing." Shorter smiled and threw his arm around your waist pulling your standing figure next to him. You noticed that when Shorter drank he was a bit touchy. When he was waking up he seemed to be the same way; most likely due to being sleepy.

"We can leave if you want and go back to my place." He rested his hand on your thigh.

"I'm fine here, plus I came with Aubrey." You looked over to the girl who was chatting away with some guy.

She could probably sense you staring at her. Aubrey turned and gave a small smile and turning her eyes to the male's direction.  She most definitely was going to end up leaving with the guy.

"Looks like shes got some other plans." Shorter comments.

"I guess so, we can leave if you're itching to get out of here." You turned to face him. Shorter begins to pick up his things.

You had been spending quite a bit of time with Shorter when you were able. Most of it was spent at Aubrey's place as you didn't have one of your own. You wanted to change that as quickly as possible.

Between your job and moving into your new apartment; you didn't have much time to talk with Shorter. When he offered to help you move in you felt relieved. Human interaction that didn't have to be professional and a helping hand.

"Where do you want this?" Shorter spoke behind the two boxes he was carrying in.

"You can set them in my room, be careful with them though."

"What's in these damn boxes?"

"My equipment for work."

"What exactly do you do?"

"Sooo many questions." You huffed dramatically.

"Just tryna get to know my future girl." Shorter smirked.

"Your future girl?" You playfully rolled your eyes.

"Well I work at An-X Studios, animation stuff. " You pat the two boxes.

"Ugh I need to get furniture now or i'll be sleeping on the floor."

"I can help with that just give me a few days." You were hesitant at first but agreed.

You walked out to find Shorter and the kid from the bar(?) standing next to a U-Haul

"Did you steal someones U-Haul, like on some grand theft auto type shit?" You questioned.

"I would never, I got this from a buddy of mine he sells lots of things at his warehouse." Shorter cooly answered.

You were used to these kinds of things. You've seen it done others reselling stolen goods. Where you grew up it was how people lived. How your uncle managed to furnish is home after getting kicked out by his ex girlfriend.

"Yeah okay open her up," You smiled. Inside contained a tv and computer stand, a bed, couch, along with a coffee table and chair for your computer.

After you and the two guys lugged all the furniture up you thanked both of them. While they relaxed on your new couch you decided it was time to hook up your computer. Just then you realized you were missing a chord or two."

"Fuck..." you whispered to yourself.

"You okay?" Shorter suddenly spoke startling you.

"Y-yeah," you breathed, "I think I left some stuff at my old place I don't know if I wanna go back and get it or not.."

"You should go back if you know where it's at. There's no sense in buying a new one if you already have it." Shorter was right, you'd just have to suck it up and go to Mikey's.

"I'll come with you if you want."

"Okay then let's go now I want to get this over with." You, Shorter, and who you know now to be Sing begin the drive to Mikey's.

Sing stays in the car as Shorter trails behind you to your old apartment. You knock and wait for an answer the bum couldn't be doing much anyways.

Mikey answers and he looks like a total slob. What happened to the guy that had his shit together?

"Have you come crawling back to me to beg?" Mikey snickers.

"I just left some shit that I need." You answered rolling your eyes.

"So you're here for me? I'm all you need baby." Shorter steps into view irritated with the male in front of you.

"Can she just get her shit and leave? We didn't come for chit chat." Shorter walked in after you pushed passed Mikey.

"And who the hell are you? Her new boyfriend?"

"Where's Jessica? Had to get her home by curfew on a school night?" You glared.

"We aren't a thing. Her parents found out and put a fuckin restraining order on me." He replied taking a sip from his beer can.

"You're lucky they didn't press charges." You disappeared into the room to look for your chords. Leaving Shorter and Mikey in an awkward silence.

"I've seen you around before, whats your name?" Mikey questions Shorter.

"Shorter." He simply answers going back to look at his phone.

"Hm.." then it came to him with the quickness of who he was standing next to. Mikey was present in the gang scene his brother did a lot of business around him.

"You're Shorter? The gang leader of Chinatown?"

"How do you know that?" Shorter was ready to take Mikey on.

"My brother, goes by the name 'Chopper'," Shorter eased up, hearing the familiar name.

"Does Y/N know?" Before he could answer you had walked in with what you needed in your hand.

"We'll be going bye." You pulled Shorter out as fast as possible.

"I'm sorry if that was awkward for you."