二十九

👶🏻Hello Baby👶🏻

Morning sickness? Thankfully never knew her. Missed period? That was definitely a sign. A sign you had been waiting for, for some time now. Both Shorter and you decided it was time to try for a baby. After trying many times over the past few months it seemed this was the breakthrough moment.

2 of the best pregnancy tests later and you were for sure this was the real deal. Shorter had snagged a job at a tire company and wouldn't be back home until around dinner which gave you a lot of time to surprise him. You decided to look for a small baby blanket at a local thrift store once you got it you wrapped the pregnancy tests in them. Luckily you were doing laundry so hiding it and having a logic way for Shorter to find it would be easy. You set the blanket in the basket under a clean shirt. After that you waited for him to return.

"Hey baby." He kisses your temple.

"How was work?" You acted as casual as possible as you headed to the kitchen to "start" dinner.

"Very tiring today for some reason. Maybe I'm aging too fast." Shorter joked. You try to open a jar of sauce and end up "spilling" a little on yourself.

"Babe, could you grab me a shirt from the basket on the bed. I just got sauce on my shirt." You smirk glad that he can't see your face.

"Yeah." You hear him run up the stairs. He picked up the shirt on top, but it was obviously his so he moved onto the next item. The blanket with little bears that had pink or blue bowties. Shorter picked it up making the pregnancy tests fall out. Next thing you hear is fast footsteps as you patiently wait in the kitchen tears threatening to spill upon seeing Shorter.

"Baby," Shorter's voice was low and shaky as he held the tests up to you. A tear slipped as you nodded with a smile. Shorter was quick to pull you into a hug as he let his tears fall.

"You're going to be a dad." You wrap your arms around him.

"I'm going to be the best dad." Shorter gives you a little squeeze.