Chapter 16

THE TASTE of his wife on his lips was making Melchiorre weak. Ang mga anas ng babae ay mayroong dulot na sensasyong noon lamang niya nadama... O mas tamang sabihin marahil na noon lamang niya nadama nang aktuwal. Everything that was happening he already saw in his dream. This was it. This was it exactly.

Here was his lovely wife, naked and beautiful, ready for him. He kept sucking on the pink peak of her breast, eager to feel it harden even more in his mouth. Every purr coming out of her lips was telling him how she wanted to be kissed, to be tasted. He licked the valley of her breasts, continued tasting her skin until he reached her thighs. Itinaas niya iyon upang hagkan. Softly, he grew small circles on her skin using his tongue, every lash closing in to the velvety triangle between them. He had never been this eager to please a woman before. Now, it was as if all his energy zeroed in to the wonderful task of giving her every pleasure his mouth can offer.

He gently touched the opening with his tongue.

"Melchiorre..." sambit nito. How he loved hearing his name from her lips that way, like a kitten's purr, a whisper as soft as her skin.

Oh, she was beautiful. And when he started tasting her he realized she was sweeter than he had dreamed of, every inch silky and lovely, every fold delicate, hot and moist. And she was his to conquer.

Just the thought was enough to drive him mad. He was aching to have himself burried deep inside of her but somehow he wanted to please her more and so he allowed his tongue to explore, to lash back and forth the taut nubbin, to feel her softness against his lips. Soon, her hips rose to meet his lips, ever so gracefully, so shy still.

"Melchiorre, please," she whispered. Hinigit siya nito saka siya niyakap na tila ba ayaw nitong gumalaw siya. He smiled seeing her enjoy her climax. She kissed him hungrily. He let her savor the moment and after a while she opened her eyes and breathed, "Ang sarap..." Saka ito biglang humagikgik, pulang-pula ang mukha at halatang nahiya ito sa nasabi bagaman hindi na nagtangkang bawiin pa iyon.

"My pleasure, honey." Napangiti rin siya, hinaplos ang pisngi nito. He was overjoyed knowing he made her feel this way. Hinagkan niya ito sa pisngi.

"My turn," she said.

Bago pa siya makatugon ay itinulak siya nito, sa gayon ay mapapihit siya pahiga. Diniinan nito ang balikat niya bilang udyok na manatili siya sa kinaroroonan niya. He wanted to do the whole thing all over again but it seemed she had something more interesting in mind.

"Well, who am I to disagree?" sambit niya, napangiti.

She started showering his neck with wet kisses. Iyon pa lang, parang mababaliw na siya. She moved down to his chest and continued on to his full throbbing flesh. He just looked at her, and closed his eyes when she started fulfilling his fantasies, fantasies that came from his decade-old dream.

When he felt as if he was going to explode he held her hand and she looked at him. He pulled her up, pressed her body against his so she would realize just how aroused she made him—as if she did not already know. It looked like that though. Mayroong bahagyang pagtataka sa mga mata nito.

Ah, she was amazing. And at times, seemed rather naïve and her naiveté looked genuine. He wondered how that could be. It all boiled down to one thing—he did not really know her well enough before.

Pumihit siya sa gayon ay napailalim ito sa kanya. Once again, he tasted her and when he felt her reaching her climax, he burried himself deep into her. The feeling of her tightness almost gripping him made him want her more. But he knew he had to take it slow. He knew of a few ladies who had discomfort adjusting to his size.

Nakapikit ang babae, malinaw na mayroon itong nadaramang discomfort. Hinaplos niya ang pisngi nito. "I'm sorry, love, but it will get better." Had it been like this the first time they did it? He guessed so. Ngunit wala siyang alaala ng gabing iyon. At nais niyang mainis sa sarili bigla, ngunit isinumpa niyang lilikha sila ng mas magaganda at maalab na alaala. One day she will forget what he now considered as an awful drunken first time for them.

He started gently rubbing her where it mattered and it got better for soon she was meeting his thrusts, eagerly. He lost all control and abandoned himself to pleasure as he exploded inside of her. It was pure bliss.

She wrapped her legs around him, like she didn't want to let him go. He rolled to his side, taking her with him. Their bodies felt like one—one heart, one soul, breathing as one. Habang unti-unting bumabalik sa normal ang tibok ng puso niya ay nanatili siyang nakayakap sa babae. Inilagay niya ang isang kamay sa ulo nito, ang pisngi nito ay nakalapat sa kanyang dibdib.

Nalulunod siya sa mga emosyong dala ng paglalapit na ito. It was the kind of intimacy that he knew in his heart he would never experience with another woman and that scared him for a while. Was it real? It seemed too good to be true, how he found her this way.

And for a brief moment he wholeheartedly believed in the magic of the quilt. Naniwala siyang dikta ito ng tadhana, na nakasulat ang lahat ng ito sa mga bituin at buwan at minsan noong unang panahon ay nakita iyon ng isang gypsy. For all their magic and their beliefs, they had seen this beauty even before it happened. There was no need to question magic this moment. If this wasn't magic, he didn't know what else this was. At natagpuan niya ang sariling nakangiti sa kawalan, hinahaplos-halos ang buhok ng asawa. The feel of her warm body against his felt glorious.

Lumapat ang mga palad nito sa kanyang dibdib. "Ano kaya'ng iniisip ng mama?" malambing na tanong nito. Nasosorpresa pa rin siya sa mga sinasabi nito ngunit nasasanay na siyang huwag itong ilagay sa loob ng isang kahong matagal na panahon niyang nilagyan ng label. Hindi maaaring bigyan ng label ang babaeng ito. She was magical herself. And he was, quite happily, a boy filled with wonder looking at her, experiencing magical moments with her, always pleasantly surprised, eager for more.

Hinagkan niya ito sa noo. "I'm happy." Napangiti siyang muli, natagpuang wala na siyang iba pang maaaring sabihin sapagkat laman na niyon ang totoo niyang nadarama. "I'm happy."

Ngumiti ito, dinampian ng halik ang kanyang pisngi, saka hinagkan ang kanyang kamay. "Masaya rin ako. Masayang-masaya."

Nangako siya sa sarili niyang marami pang darating na pagkakataong tulad niyon, na para bang wala maaaring mangyari para mawala ang kaligayahan sa pagitan nila. Bumuo siya ng mga pangarap sa mga sandaling iyon—ng isang buhay na masaya nilang babalikan kapag kapwa na sila kulubot at nakaupo sa tumba-tumba nila, habang ang babae ay marahil hinahabol ng kurot ang mga makukulit nilang apo. Marahil sa puntong iyon ay aalalayan niya ito habang nagrereklamo itong sumasakit ang balakang, ipagtitimpla ito ng tsa, kahit maging siya ay nakatungkod na rin.

Sa lahat ng iyon, bagaman nakikita niya sa isip na matanda na siya—but goodlooking still—isa lamang ang nanatili: ang kaligayahang nag-uumapaw sa puso niya dahil kasama niya pa rin ang babaeng ito. He hoped. He wished. The stars and the moon saw this happening years before it did. And for the first time in his life, he trusted celestial bodies and kind of applaused them, for being damned perfect in their prediction that he was going to be happy with this woman. Eternally happy.