|17| Caught

If you're an active reader of this story please make a comment here, rating this story  1-10 and what you think of it so far. I want to know I'm providing interesting content. I appreaciate honesty and constructive criticism. Thank you for reading!

Jaxyl

The adrenaline pulsing through my veins has an addictive pull to it. 

I lost count of the number of rogues I've taken down. I've been doing it with ease to much surprise. Some of their fighting is sloppy and unmotivated while others are fairly good.

It's almost like they came on a suicide mission.

To my knowledge, no one from my pack is dead and I pray it stays that way. 

I didn't have time to make it back to the nursery unit before wolves came crashing through the doors. I had to shift and stand my ground.

"Where are you?" I link Adarian.

"Outside the unit. I didn't get down the hall before they came."

"Same. Did they get inside?"

"No, all of the little ones were safe by then," he answers, relief covering my worries. "But I'm pinned with one other school guard in the hall. We may be outnumbered soon."

He didn't have to say anything else, I was already on my way. There's blood, dead and fighting wolves everywhere. I've heard stories of the scenary of rogue attacks and war but seeing it first hand, is quite a bit frightening.

I made it just in time to see Adarian and the school guard get cornered by five rogues while two of them scratched and picked at the locks that secured the pups inside.

The sight cause my blood to boil and my wolf to surface. In her mind, they're trying to hurt her pup. I guess no one taught them not to mess with a mother's child...

I let her take over. She charges at the wolves cornering Adarian and the gaurd, taking a chunk out of one's neck on impact to even the field. Two against one for everyone now.

Stalking to the wolves trying to break into the break the locks, she let out a menacing growl before clamping her teeth into one's neck and hurling him onto the wall so hard that half of his body went through. Blood leaked from the wall as the body laid limp.

The other wolf snarled at her while backing away in fear. He wanted no part in what she was about to do to him but she was in no mood for mercy. She lunges, sinking her claws deep into his fur and fatally bit into his neck.

She steps back and looks around for another threat but there is none. Every rogue in this hall is dead.

I try to get my concious back but she refuses. There is no fighting her right now. She's going to guard this hall all night.

"You guys know we're in trouble right?" I ask everyone.

Day has finally broke and the attack was over. The students are still in their security units and dungeon while the halls are being cleaned. I haven't seen my father yet but he knows that we disobeyed his orders.

"Yeah, but not as much as you," Tez is the first to respond, as always. "I don't get it though. Why would the alpha be mad? We kicked ass and didn't die. He should be proud."

"Why don't you tell him that when he comes," Chris scoffs.

"Well, we all agreed to go against his orders. Whatever punisment we get is going to be worth our first real fight," Niro speaks up.