18.

An old abandoned house with a clean newish rectangle kitchen table of dark oak and matching chairs now sat four people. Alpha Jayson Black, Beta Aaron Black, Beta's mate Ashley, and a witch from a clan of the territory they were on.

"Now brother, you have always been older and thus I've always been in your shadow. I'm willing to leave you be and leave Katarina alone. All you have to do, is resign from being Alpha, allowing me to take over. I'll even make you my Beta." Aaron said.

"Being Alpha is a lot of work. It's difficult helping new members, protecting the entire pack. Being in control of finances and power like that. Trust me, you don't want it."Jayson said, trying to deter his brother from the idea.

"Oh but I do want it. I've wanted it since we were pups. Or, I could start a war if you like? After all, we are already on enemy terrirtory. Wouldn't take much, right Donna?" He said, adressing the witch for the first time. "All she has to do, Brother, is yell that wolves are attacking her, and if they find your mate, if she isn't already dead, thinking shes been helping wolves, well they will kill her. That's not what you want is it? No, didn't think so." Aaron said.

"There is no other way to convince you?" Jayson asked. Aaron shook his head. "Fine, the only proper way to offically take over the title of Alpha is to challenge the Alpha, to a death fight. Either you win and kill me, taking my spot, or you die trying. I won't agree to the challenge, until you release my mate and she is safe." Jay held his brothers stare.

"Deal, Ashley, go get her." Aaron never broke eye contact with Jay as Ashley went to go get Katarina. "If I win, I'm turning your mate into a wolf, and she will remain slave to the pack house. So, you better hope you win." Aaron said.

The she-wolf returned with the witch in tow by the upper arm. She sobbed as she ran into Jayson's arms. He held her so close, afraid to let her go, afraid she would disappear again. "I will give you guys until sunset to spend time together or whatever. Sunset we fight so I can claim my rightful place as Alpha of the pack."

That meant six hours to spend with his love. He carried her to a nearby stream and set her in the shallow water. Slowly he washed the dirt and grime from her face, body, and hair. He kissed her as he waded in the water with her. "I'm so sorry." he whispered to her.

"It's not your fault hun. I'm a weak witch. I let my guard down. I'm sorry." She told him. She was beginning to feel better now that she was cleaner. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tight, wrapping her legs around his waist. "I love you Jay. I want to be with you."

"I love you too Kitten and that's why I am so sorry. I have to fight my brother to the death. He challenged me to be Alpha. If I lose, he is going to take over the pack." He said. He was scared, she could tell. He didn't have confidence in himself.

"Hey, look at me," She cupped his cheek in her hand. "You are Alpha and strong. You found me on your own.Your brother is strong yes, but you aren't cocky like he is. He will let the idea of winning and power get to his head. Stay focused and watch his attacks, dodging them until you can get a shot. Tire him out, and when you strike, babe, don't miss and don't let up. I know he is your brother, but he threatened you, and your packmates, his pack. He doesn't deserve to be Alpha." She said.

He smiled at her and wrapped his hands around her waist. "When did you get so smart?" He asked

"I learned from the best." She beamed. He smashed his lips to hers and she deepened the kiss. Wrapping her legs tighter around his waist she ground herself against his buldging member. He graoned against her mouth, and pulled away long enough to look nto her eyes as he slid inside her. She rode him as he grabed her ass. She loved this man and would do anything for him. She bit her mark on him and he thrusted deeper into her as a growl escaped his throat. She climaxed and as she tightened she felt him harden inside her, releasing himself. They stayed there, connected, wrapped in eachothers arms, neither wanting to move. He carried her out of the water, still inside her with her legs wrapped around him and not sensing anyone around, he laid her down in the grass and made love to her one more time. Slowly moving in and out of her, placing kisses on her lips, neck and chest. Her nails racked down his back as he picked up speed. She moaned causing him to get harder and move faster. As he bit his mark on her he slammed into her with one deep quick thrust and she yelled out, "Jayson! Yes!" As she tightened around him, causing him to release in her again.

As they both came down from their orgasms, she looked at him, deep into his eyes. She loved him and he loved her. Maybe her love for him could give him the strength he needed to win.

"Jayson, you have to win. After you win, you have to turn me." She said to him.

He was shocked, he will admit it, never expecting her to say that. "I thought you didn't want to lose your magic." He said.

"I don't but I feel it's not as strong as it used to be. I can't protect anyone if its not strong. As a wolf I can train more, get stronger, handle myself and protect those I love. Win this fight Alpha. " She kissed him and they soon got up and got dressed.

It was almost fight time.

~~~~~~~~
Please comment and let me know if y'all are liking it so far?

Who is your fave character?

Which brother do you think will win the Alpha War?

What do you think Katarina is gonna be if she gets turned to a wolf?

** H.M.Barree**