7.

Dinner went by quickly. The Alpha and the Beta talked about training and srategies. Kat heard a couple of the females wolves were due for pups soon. One girl, Caitlyn, was due with twins and another girl, Cora, was due with triplets. It was common for the wolves to have multiple children at one time, like dogs. Kat had finished cleaning and finished helping Sara with night time chores. When she was dismissed for the night Katarina went back to the study. She had to read more of that book. She had to figure out why her name was in a book about wolves when she was a witch, their enemy.

The book kept going. Different people, different families. She could sense something attached to the bok, possible magic. As if to confirm her thoughts and gut feeling, she watched as the book created new writing, magically. Under Caitlyn's name it said children were Connor and Lincoln. The same happened with Cora. Three names appeared, for each child; Sofie, Nichole, and Darren, signlaing the triplets were born.

It was incredible magic that Katarina only ever heard of and never saw happen. She wondered if back home there was a book for the witches, and if it did the same thing.

Then she noticed something; if the book creates facts and keeps tracks of life and death thru magic, then witches and wolves had to be friends once upon a time. There had to be a reason they stopped conciding, something other than a wolf killing a witch. She felt she really needed to talk to the Alpha, or find someone who knew about the history of the wolves.

Katarina put all of the books away and she went upstairs to get ready for bed.

~ ~ ~

Alpha Jayson knew that Katarina was in the study. He knew what she reading. The last time she was in there she ended up being shoced by something and put the book away rather quickly. His own curiosity got the better of him and he grabbed the book. He opened the book back up and was slightly shocked himself, but now he had answers as to why he felt the way he did around her.

He wanted to be around her, to feel her skin and kiss her mouth. He wanted to make love to her and protect her. He wanted to kill his brother for raping her, for touching what wasn't his. Technically she wasn't Jay's either, but he was drawn to her, a witch, his witch. He wanted her to trust him before he told her the truth. He was sure of it that she hadn't pieced all of it together yet, what the names meant.

The second time he watched her go, he was tempted to pull her aside and talk to her, but he didn't feel it was the right time yet. He was happy around her, relaxed even.

He felt someone come into the library. Toning into his senses he could tell it was his brother.

"She is rather beautiful, isn't she. She feels good too." The Beta said.

He held as much of his anger back as a low growl escaped his lips. "You are to not touch her again." Alpha said.

"She isn't yours brother. I'm rather fond of her and she is a great lay." The Beta bragged, testing his brother's reaction. HE watched wth smugg satisfaction as the Alpha's eyes turned dark.

"You are to never touch her again. You are to leave her alone. That is an order."  Jay didn't know what came over him. He felt the Alpha blood turn, knowing his Beta had to listen. He didn't care.

"Yes, Alpha!" Beta Aaron said through gritted teeth. "You better claim her while you can. I won't stay away long, and she will become my mate. Tick-tock, Brother."Beta said and he exited the study.

Alpha Jayson knew now he was running out of time. He needed to talk to Katarina, and soon. He went up to where she was suppoed to sleep. He knocked on the door softly and with no answer he quietly entered. The moonlight shone through the window, a beam landing perfectly on her face. Her plump lips, and high cheek bones. Her dark hair fanned around her as she lay on the pillow. The blanket lay over her but he could see the outline of her body, and it made him grow hard. He left her to sleep, and went to go take care of his throbbing problem. He was happy. He found his mate, even if she didn't fully know it yet. He couldn't wait to tell her, couldn't wait to see if she would be his. He really hope Aaron would listen and leave her alone.  Jay really didn't want to have to hurt his brother.

He went to sleep that night with visions of her lips and hair in his mind. No matter what was going to happen next, those visions helped him have the best sleep he had in a long time.