trois

joshua still didn't know the stranger's name. it is nagging at him that the mysterious man only gave him the first letter, this leads to josh trying to guess with many names being thrown around.

"tim?"

"no."

"timothy?"

"no."

"what else starts with 't'?" josh pleads, whining.

"i dunno, tyler?" the man says, his eyes staring at the boy in front of him questioningly.

instantly, a bright, eye wrinkling smile spreads across the soft pink haired boy's face. the name bounces throughout his head and rolls out of his mouth.

"tyler, its tyler!"

"yes, now will you tell me your name?" french accented voice from tyler asks.

joshua's cheeks coax in a light pink shade as he stares at the man in front of him.

"it's josh."

"is that short for something?" tyler pushes.

"joshua."

finally, a smile spreads across the other's face. he likes hearing josh talk because he has a really smooth and calming voice.

the two boys are sat in a small, comfy coffee shop. tyler, wanting to sit at a corner table, leads josh to where they are sitting now, sipping coffee.

"ive only been in this country for three hours and i've spent them all with you. so, tell me how or why you are here."

tyler takes a long moment trying to comprehend what the boy just said so quickly. sadly, he only understands the first sentence and not the actual question. josh takes notice at the silence and frowns softly, his bottom lip jutting out. tyler glances at the boy and his heart immediately melts.

"slower?"

the rose haired boy smiles softly at tyler's adorable face.

"why are you in paris?" joshua explains, adding a small french accent to 'paris' to cheer the boy up.

once again, tyler smiles involuntary and responds to the question.

"i was uh, uhm, born here?"

as it comes out as more of a question, josh nods softly at the nervous look on tyler's face. he wants tyler to know that he said the sentence correctly.

"would you like some more coffee?" a waiter asks and both boys nod politely.

as the waiter walks away, tyler's gaze lingers on the boy across from him. josh's smile is really pretty and tyler doesn't want it to go away.

"you have a gorgeous smile." tyler blurts out as josh is rambling about how his coffee tastes strange.

a dark, red color floods joshua's face as he slowly says,

"merci. (thank you.)"

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰