quatre

after josh and tyler's little coffee get together, tyler insists on taking him to a library. joshua complains that libraries are boring, but the older man keeps driving them to one with a knowing smile.

"what could possibly be so interesting at a library?" the soft pink haired boy questions, laying his head on the car window.

tyler chuckles lightly and turns smoothly into the library parking lot. before opening the door, the brunette comments,

"books."

joshua snorts at the comment and opens the car door. stepping out, the two walk shortly to the entrance. as tyler opens the door, he sees josh's face change from confusion to amazement.

"this is a library?"

tyler laughs at his awestruck face and grabs the soft pink haired boy by the wrist. he pulls along the lost boy and guides him to the receptionist.

"salut, j'aime bien connaître les livres sur la culture parisienne. (hi, i'd like to know the books on paris culture.)"

joshua watches the two converse in french, feeling heat spreading across his cheeks. the sound of tyler's voice in french, pronouncing every word perfectly and slowly seems extremely attractive. when tyler begins to walk to a section with historic books, joshua follows like a lost puppy.

"what did you say?"

tyler's expression changes to a small smirk and he turns around, grabbing a thick book off a shelf. the brunette then opens to a random page and says,

"i said, 'do you think this boy beside me is really cute?'"

once again, a bright shade of pink coaxes joshua's face. the said boy looks at the page tyler is staring at so intensively and his face immediately lights up.

"that's the eiffel tower!"

tyler smiles brightly at the boy's excitement and closes the book gently.

"would you like to go there?" josh's eyes widened in excitement as he nods repeatedly.

"allons-y. (lets go.)"

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰