vingt et un

one year.

an entire year of constant texting, calling, and face-timing each other. josh met tyler's mom when he came to france about six months in and she absolutely adored him.

tyler is on a plane currently. a small black velvet box with a tiny ring is in his pocket, making him nervous and excited. the brunette places his head in his hands as the plane lands in ohio.

-

tyler arrives at josh's apartment, knowing the boy isn't there. he knocks softly and anxiously rubs his fingers though his brunette hair. the door swings open and there stands brendon, a giddy smile spread across his face.

"hi!" the raven haired says, opening the door wider so tyler can enter.

the brunette walks into the apartment, a small smile on his lips.

"you're all good. have fun, i'm gonna go. oh, and good luck." brendon says sending tyler a wink and leaving.

the mentioned sighs to himself and says,

"et c'est parti. (here we go.)"

-

joshua unlocks his apartment door, expecting brendon to be watching tv or yelling at his friend over the phone. instead, the pink boy is engulfed in dim lighting and candles lit everywhere. there are also some fairy lights lining the ceiling and a trail of roses leading to their balcony, which is in josh's room.

the timid boy follows the roses, his eyebrows are pushed upward in confusion the entire walk. josh's confusion drops from his face as his gaze lands on tyler, who is staring out at the night time sky. the younger stands next to his love, placing a hand over tyler's.

"what's this for?" josh whispers as tyler turns his head to gaze at him.

the brunette's eyes fill with tears instantly. joshua whimpers sadly and wraps his arms around tyler's neck, nuzzling his face in the boy's chest.

"j-josh." tyler mumbles quietly.

the rose boy looks up, his own eyes filling with tears and the only reason being that his boy is crying.

"hey, hey. what's up and i didn't know you were coming."

tyler smiles softly at the reason for his travel, but soon anxiety fills his chest and he presses their lips together for reassurance. the younger leans into him, just wanting to know what's wrong.

"joshua, i-i don't know where to start. one year, baby bear. we've been together one year and it's been the most incredible year ever. i never want it to end."

joshua nods, still not understanding. he cascades his fingers through the crying boy's hair and gently rubs the boy's scalp soothingly.

"my most scary time is at night, but ever since i've met you and been with you i've been okay. you protect me from the night, josh. please, just please, let me ask something." the anxious boy says, getting shakily on one knee.

joshua gasps and begins sobbing with tears, a bright smile shining through. he nods softly and let's his brunette continue.

"please marry me." tyler whispers, his eyes locked with his prince's.

josh nods once again and mumbles a soft,

"of course, yes."

tyler is immediately on his feet. placing the single diamond ring on josh's finger and sighing contently. the pink boy grabs the older's face and connects their lips softly.

"try to love me and i'll try to save you, ty."

the brunette nods and presses their foreheads together, before josh starts composing that he's cold. the two go back inside and cuddle until they fall alseep.

"m' love you so much." joshua sighs, almost asleep.

"i love you too, mon amour."

-

one more chapter i think.

epilogue probably.

stay tuned lmao.

i hope you're okay and if you're not that's fine. just know that i'm proud that youre reading this. that youre alive and that you've decided to glance at my crazy writing.

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰