Chapter 1 - This Is Berk

--------------------

Eylimi's POV:

--------------------

This, is Berk. It's twelve days North of hopeless and a few degrees South of freezing to death. It's located solemnly on the meridian of misery. My village. In a word? Sturdy. It's been here for eight generations but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting and a charming view of the sunsets. So the only other upsides are the pets! You see while most places have ponies or parrots, we have. Dragons!

Most people would fight. (I run out the house.) But not us, we're Vikings. We have, stubbiness issues. My names Eylimi. Great name I know, but it's not the worst. Parents believe that an uncommon name will be remembered by future generations to come. Like our charming Viking demeanour wouldn't do that. (I get knocked over by uncle Snotlout.)

"Ahh? Morning." He greeted. I run to get to higher ground but I'm yelled at along the way.

"What are you doing here?"

"Get back inside!"

"What are you doing out?"

"Get back inside!" Different Vikings order me. I run towards the forge but grabbed by dads dragon by the back of the shirt before I got hit with a fire blast.

"Eylimi! What is she doing out again? What are you doing out? Get inside!" He ordered as the dragon put me down and I continued running towards the forge.

That's Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third. Chief of the tribe. They say when he was fifteen he ended the dragon wars of the world. Do I believe it? Yes I do.

"What have we got?" He asked Fishlegs.

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks, oh and Tuff saw a clan of Monstrous Nightmare." He answered.

"Any, uh, Night Furies?" Dad asked.

"None so far."

"Okay." He sighed.

"Light the torches!" Vikings yelled as they heightened the torches while our dragons flew back and forth trying to bring down the untrained ones. I ran into the forge taking my hood off to put my apron on.

"Oh nice of you to join the party. I thought you'd be carried off." He stated, fixing his moustache that hung to his hips.

"What? Who me? Nah, I'm way to muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all this!" I said showing all the muscle I had. Not that I had any.

"Well, they need more toothpicks don't they?" He answered sarcastically.

That meathead with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little, well littler.

"We move to the law defences. We try bringing them down with the beacons." I heard dad order as he ran past the forge. A house caught fire.

See, old village, lots and lots of new houses.

Oh and that's Mudskip (A large fellow, just like his non-related father, Fishlegs who now looks after him after he washed ashore of Berk five years ago.)

Vidgrip, (Snotlout and Ruffnuts Kid. Who looked a lot like Snotlout but with Ruffs hair colour.)

The twins Vika and Viko (Tuffnut and Tiffany's children. Let's just say, clearly Tuff is the father. Vika has his shade of hair but the same face as Tiffany while Viko is exactly the same.)

And...Hunter! (Eret and Learoli's kid. He looks just like them both so over all he is amazing. The dark hair, the brown eyes, the cute smile. Wow. Much better than me who has the same hair as my mum but auburn with blue eyes and I'm just as skinny if not skinnier than my dad was.)