Chapter 23 - Berk Under Attack

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Someone grabbed the back of my staff. I tried to keep running towards the masked rider. I was so eager to kill him and give him what he deserves. That was ruined though now that I was stuck unable to move my staff. I turned around wanting to push the person away but stopped as soon as I realised who it was. He let go of my staff as it dropped with my hand to my side. I stood with wide eyes.

"DAD?!" I yelled so shocked I could have fainted.

"I wouldn't be harming him if I were you." He continued, gesturing to the masked rider as a fire blast went over our heads.

"Dad! You're alive!" I ignored his orders and hugged him. "I thought you were dead." I nearly cried.

"Dead? I find that hard to believe." He chuckled. I let go of the hug and looked at him.

"I, I just. Ahh! That's it! I'm going to kill him. For everything he did!" I turned back to the masked rider ahead of me.

"No, Eylimi, I really wouldn't..." He began but I was so mad I ignored his words. I breathed heavily as I ran towards the rider. Just before I reached him Firedrop flew away after being untangled. The rider looked at me just before I was about to hit. He quickly stepped back out of the way. I hit again and he blocked with his sword.

"You! You destroyed everything!" I yelled at him as he kept trying to block my attacks. "You took everything away from me!"

"No, no, it's not me. Wait, you're, ch, chief?" The rider responded. I could barely hear him with the muffle through his helmet.

"You took everything! The dragons, my dad, my best friend. And most importantly. You took my boyfriend!" I yelled as I whacked again.

"No! Wait. Omph, stop for just one second!" He begged as he kept blocking.

"No! I won't stop! For every second for the rest of my life I will fight!" I yelled back.

"Eylimi! Please, you don't understand!" He yelled back. How does he know my name?

"Dragons are kind gentile creatures and you have turned them into monsters!" I yelled at him. I hit one last time before I flung him against a wall. He hit it before falling to the ground on his knees. I walked over to him. "Why don't I give you a taste of your own medicine. You can die the same way Hunter did!" I yelled. If only I could get the dragons to do that.

"It's not me! I'm not controlling...ah...them.." He said through breaths as I pushed the end of my staff on his helmet from above. It hooked the helmet on both sides so I could rip it off any moment.

"I'm going to kill you, you have taken everything from me!" I threatened as I lifted the sword he dropped next to him. He pushed himself up against the wall not knowing what to do.

"Wait! Hunters alive!" He yelled just before I went to cut him in half.

"No he's not. I saw him taken!" A tear ran down my cheek.

"No, no, he is. He is, he is. And he loves you so much Eylimi....he, he wanted me to tell you that." The rider sighed slightly. I breathed heavily as tears began to flood down my cheeks.

"I saw him taken by the dragons! Completely surrounded by them! Don't lie to me!" I cried.

"No, it's true. Really. You have to believe me." His voice kept muffling through his helmet. I could barely hear him but I could make out the words.

"Why should I believe you? What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I don't want anything from you. I'm here to free the dragons before the village is destroyed." He warned.

"Your the one taking them!" I yelled.

"No, I'm not. I was told to help them." He responded.

"Told?"

"By a dragon, unlike any other." He responded. I just looked at him like he was crazy. "A dragon able to see the future. A dragon that will kill us all if we don't let the dragons go!" He yelled and tried to stand up but my foot kept him on the ground.

"You're crazy!" I yelled at him.

"You say that a lot." He muffled. What is he talking about, I've only said that once?

"Tell me why the dragons are going or I will slit your throat I swear to Thor!" I threatened holding the sword to his helmet.

"Because, he told them so." The masked rider replied.

"Who told them!" I ordered as I felt water drop on my head. All went silent. I didn't even hear any crashes or fire burning. The sun rise went dark and a shadow casted over me. I heard people in the town gasp. It began to rain almost all around me. The rider lifted his head to look above me.

I looked around to see everyone looking up except for dad who was hugging Toothless to the death. In fact, was he crying? I slowly tilted my head up to see a sight I never thought I would see.