Chapter 24 - Fate That Cannot Be Changed

Great Wondereye - drawn by me :)

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

I slowly lifted my head to the cause of the shadow covering me. My eyes adjusted to the light. They widened as I stepped back, taking my foot of the masked villain below me. I began to breath slowly but heavily as I witnessed the sight before me. It rained. The icy water landing on my head in several drops.

The town gasped at the thing that stood above us. It's massive body covering nearly half of Berk whilst the other half remained in the ocean. Its head reached the hight if not higher than Gothi's hut on the peak of the mountain.

This was unbelievable. The sight before my eyes. A sight all of us were sure to never see. The island me and the gang found when looking for the dragons, the island with a fin like thing running down its middle. It was sure no island. The same fin ran down the back of this creature.

Huge deer like antlers sticking out from the back of its head whilst it's thick neck trailed glowing swirls of white down its back and onto its tail before disappearing into the water. It's thick legs able to crush the mountain behind me in the blink of an eye.

It's absolutely gigantic wings close to its body. It's eyes focused on me and me alone. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw the dragons around me bowing with there heads held low and their wings held high. They bowed to a dragon. Not any dragon. A dragon so grand one of its wings could cover Berk twice.

The giant dragon began to lower its head in my direction. I continued to look up as I stared with awe into its hypnotising, green eyes that sparkled in the rising sun. I was witnessing something no one had ever seen before. The Great Wondereye.

My eyes kept contact with the dragons, scared of what it might do to me, but my attention was drawn to what I was seeing from the corner of my eye. Dad was almost collapsing in tears, hanging onto Toothless while he glowed a bright blue. The bluest I have ever seen the Night Fury glow. So blue it was nearly a royal purple, so bright it could blind you.

My heart rate picked up as my attention turned back to the Great Wondereye. It was a feeling unexplainable. Scared but happy, excited but fearful, but so grand there wasn't a word. This creature was so amazing I'm surprised it had a name to describe it. I began to shake as it put its head closer to me. Why me?

I started backing away slowly, my hands in front of me for protection not that it would matter. If this dragon such as breathed on me I could die. I thought to myself. I calmed down and took a deep breath before looking back into the wondrous eyes staring right through me. I backed up the forage to speak. Hoping to Thor this creature could understand what I was saying.

"Why are you taking the dragons away?" I yelled in a scared voice hopping it would at least hear me. Guessing it's ears were a lot further away from me than I thought I yelled it again. Nothing changed. The dragons head quickly began getting closer to me. Quickly for me but obviously very slowly to the dragon.

I saw the swirls down its body glow a intense bright white before suddenly the dragon placed its huge nose at my touch. It waited for me to touch it. I didn't know what was happening. The dragon stood still just waiting for me to place my hand on one of its large scales. I gulped before I moved my hand closer to it. It touched it and for a second nothing happened. Suddenly the swirls down its back glowed brighter before everything around me disappeared. Everything went black.

I felt dizzy. I noticed I was lying on grass. I slowly opened my eyes as I saw the sun now setting. This wasn't Berk. I sat up and rubbed my aching head. I heard a noise the distance. I saw a small bird heading my way. It began getting closer. The noise got louder.