So For Now, Take This Down A Notch

AN: holy shit I didn't expect all the reads ohmygod I'm so thankful I love you guys sksksksksks

Max stroked my hair. "Morning, baby."
"Baby?" I laughed.
"I'm trying it out, don't like it?"
"I like it." I reached up and kissed his cheek. "What day is it?"
"Saturday."
I looked at the time and groaned. "I gotta go to work in an hour."
"Aw, really?"
"Yeah."
"I have practice." Max said sadly.
I got up out of the bed, wearing Max's shirt. "I'm keeping this, by the way."
"Yeah, okay." He laughed, running his hand through his hair. God, he was so hot. It felt like we were teenagers again and we were all over each other.
"And I'm gonna go take a shower."
"Can I come with?"
"You wish." I grinned at him.
"Why not?"
"Cause I actually gotta shower." I grabbed my waitress uniform. "Sorry."
"No you're not."
"A little." I said as I walked into the bathroom. Quickly, I turned on the water and hopped in the shower. After ten or so minutes, I had finished, and I got out. I got dressed and came out of the bathroom. "Max?"
"Yeah?"
"I've missed this." I slung my arms around his shoulders and kissed the back of his neck. Damn, he's tall.
"We never did this when we were teenagers." He replied, taking my hands and laughing. "You were too short."
"Yeah, but we did this." I leaped up onto his back for a piggyback ride.
"Don't you gotta keep getting ready?" Max teased.
"Yeah." I groaned, sliding down. "You can come with this time."
He followed me into the bathroom as I did my makeup. "So, like, are we a thing?"
"Yeah." I put on some eyeliner. "Of course."
"Are we gonna tell the guys?"
"Dunno what they'd think. Monte would be okay, so would everyone else, but I dunno about Ronnie and Craig. The Falling In Reverse guys think it's shit Ronnie cheated on me, they're chill."
"Ronnie might get over it after a bit. Craig's gonna be pissed, even more then when you were with Ronnie."
"Screw Craig." I muttered, applying mascara.
Max handed me a red lipstick. "Wear this one."
I raised one of my eyebrows. "Why?"
"It's cute."
"That's not a lipstick that'd be defined as cute."
"Okay, it's really fucking hot on you."
I laughed and applied some of the lipstick. "Happy?"
"Yes."
I kissed Max's cheek. "I gotta go."
"Aw."
"Bye."
-----
-----
-----
-----
"You're fucking dating him?" Craig stared me down.
"You're fucking dating her?" I motioned to Bella. "How the hell did you know?"
"He came home high with a perfume smell. I recognized it."
"If you can recognize it, then we have a problem." I said. "Listen, Mabbitt, I don't want to have to fuck with you, but I can, and I will. Leave us alone."
"Does Ronnie know?"
"No. Mind your own business."
"Hm."
"Mind your own business."
"Stop repeating yourself."
"Shut up, Craig."
Max came back with a dazzling smile. "Hey, Craig. Hi, babe." He kissed my cheek. Craig fumed. "What're you talking about?"
"Nothing." Craig muttered.
"Aw, I wanted to jump in." He slid his arm around my waist, knowing it was pissing Craig off. "How're you doing?"
"Fine." He walked off.
I laughed. "He's so mad."
"I know." Max chuckled.
Monte came over. "Hey, remember when Ash slept over and ended up sleeping on Max? Yeah? Remember how I told you so?"
"Monte, I can't believe you're right for once in your life."
"Oof. Well, then. When're you telling Ronnie?"
"I'll tell him today." I sighed.
"Tell Ronnie what today?" Ronnie said, walking into the apartment.
Max looked at me and nodded. "Ronnie, can we talk?" I asked.
"Yeah, what's up?"
I pulled him into the kitchen. "So, uh, what's up?"
"You okay? Something's wrong." He looked at me. He still cared. Fuck.
"Nothing's wrong, it's just... Max and I are dating."
"It didn't work out when you were teenagers, so why would it work now?"
"It's different. I'm not graduating high school. I'm not addicted, I'm clean. We're older and smarter."
"But..."
"I've missed him. You cheated on me."
"Okay." Ronnie said sadly. "Just... Just know I still love you, and..."
I nodded. "Yeah. I love you too, Ronnie, but you broke my trust, and you can't regain that."
He walked off without a word. I sighed and leaned against the cabinets. Max came in. "You okay, babe?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
He kissed my hair. "How'd Ronnie take it? He just walked out."
"I dunno. He said he loves me and I said I love him too, and he silently walked off."
"I'm sorry, babe."
"It's whatever."
"He's your best friend."
"And my ex."
"He was your friend first. Don't let this get in the way of that."
"Yeah. He's your friend too."
"Talk to him."
"What about you?"
He kissed my hair. "I'll talk to him too, but it's more important that you do, okay? Please do it, for me."
I sighed. "Fine."
"Thank you."
Fuck. Guess I was talking to Ronnie about this.