04

Spark's POV

Hearing Shakeesha calling out my name definitely caught me offguard but I figured she was only going to rub it in my face how happy she was. What I did not expect was for her to say the things she said and claim to apologise. Of all people, to me. Her eyes were very sincere but I couldn't trust her at all. She had fooled me with the sincere act before,  when she would try and escape and this time was no exception. I wasn't going to let my guard down at all. I studied her. From head to toe and she looked miserable. She had lost a couple of pounds and her eyes sunken a little. I actually almost asked her if she was doing okay but I reprimanded myself before I did anything stupid. Seeing her again, and on her knees begging me for another chance and in tears almost had me caving in. If she had done this back then, I would have been ecstatic and forgiven her with a snap of a finger. But I had to remind myself she might still be using me and plotting something against me. Her so called love of her life was already happily married and I was sure she came back to me because she was lonely. I was not going to be a rebound for anybody not even my so called mate.

Her rejection had broken me more than I would like to admit. It made me bitter towards the wolves who were lucky enough to be happily mated. I question my masculinity everyday. What does he have that I don't? Am I that ugly, she can't see a future with me? Has word about me being a beast made the hatred towards me so strong she can't stomach the idea of me being her mate? What could I have done differently for her to accept me? Moongoddess,  has my way of providing justice to the unjust that brutal you had to punish me in the worst way possible? I sigh in frustration and pull at the ends of my hair willing myself not to succumb to the dark thoughts in my head. Her words are echoing in my head loudly making me want to scream out and make it stop. Not only does her name alone bring me pain but her voice is pure torture to my soul.

'Alpha Sparks, am truly and deeply sorry for what I have put you through. I do not ask for forgiveness but a chance to fight for you just as you have fought for me. If I die trying to win you back then so be it,'

Her words rang in my ears like a chiming bell in the cathedrals. I don't know what made me accept her back into my territory. I was already back into my office and all I could think about was her and her words.

'I always was afraid that one day you will wake up and notice the feelings you have towards me are only there because of the mate bond and not because of your own free will'

'It was hard for me to accept another persons love when I only knew of one'

I was torturing myself with her words. They kept ringing in my head as if on a timer. I massaged my temple and rested my head on my desk. Sighing when I felt the cool wood touch my forehead, I closed my eyes willing her memories to go away. But all I could see was her face. Why did she have to talk to me? She opened up all the wounds. She resurfaced all the memories I had buried deep into my mind. Memories I wanted to forget. I was so deep in thought I did not hear someone knocking on my door then entering.
Once the lavender scent hits my senses,  I look up and smile tiredly. Willing my facade of me being okay to work so she does not worry. My mother had a soft smile on her face but her eyes were sad. She was a plumb woman with silver hair and a heart shaped face. Her eyes a deep emerald and her lips a small heart shape that were a beautiful natural pink. She was a very beautiful woman. She was fifty six years of age but looked to be in her mid thirties. She always wore a smile but since Shakeesha, her smiles are never genuine. Her eyes were always sad when she would look at me but the soft smile never left. It pained me that she was feeling down because of my mate. More reasons for me to be bitter. She comes towards my side and hug me with my head on her stomach while she runs her fingers in my hair. A motion she does when she wants to calm us down and it works to some extent. I close my eyes and just lean into her motherly touch and let her scent calm me down.