05

Shakeesha's POV .

Its been four days since I met Sparks in the human store. The encounter still gives me shivers and a little bit of hope that I have some chance at rectifying my mistakes. I have also been trying to rectify and make up for my mistakes to my family. My brothers and I have made some progress. At least now they don't sneer at me or ignore my existence. We occasionally talk but not as much as we used to. As for my mother, she can now look at me and answer or talk to me with one worded conversations. But am happy, at least I get something from her. My father stills ignores my existence and behaves as if am imaginary. When I try to talk to him he just ignores or brushes past me blatantly. He hasn't tried to converse with me in any way when I talk to him and even though I know am at fault for lying and being horrid to everyone, it still hurts, a lot. I sigh and get up from my bed and try to think positively. I try figuring ways of how  I can gain the reign packs trust and forgiveness.

Sparks hasn't contacted me in any way. I just hope he hasn't changed his mind. I can feel the presence of my wolf at the back of my mind and its refreshing to feel her again but she isn't talking to me. She hasn't acknowledged me in any way. I damaged her and severed the mate bond with Spark that am afraid it can never rekindle again.  I never listened to her when she told me our mate was never going to hurt us in any way but being the shallow narrow minded girl I was, and still am until recently, ignored and chastised her. Rebuking her and telling her she was delusional to love a beast and believe a beast would change. Little did I know, I was the beast. I came up with so many dumb excuses to avoid coming into terms that I was mated to him. I used to convince myself that he was only pretending to love me so that I could have given him an heir.

I shake my head when I remember of the horrible things and the stupid things I fed my head with. My wolf disappeared because of something I did back then.

Flashback.

It was at noon when I was in the outdoor pool just looking at the trees that surrounded Sparks house. I was crafting a plan to escape again. This time I was sure it was going to succeed. I got out of the water, dried myself and laid on one of the lounge chairs. I was feeling a little bit warm even though the climate was windy and cloudy. After a few minutes I felt really hot and decided to go take a cold shower back in my room.
Reaching in my room I set the shower to the coldest temperature and just stood under it. It did nothing and I was getting really uncomfortable. I thought I had caught a flu because my head started to ache. I dried myself real quick and wore the lightest clothes I could find only for me to sweat through them all. I laid on my bed trying my hardest to stay in one position to avoid drenching the whole bed covers.
Suddenly a splitting pain in my lower abdomen had me breathless and doubling over in pain. I gasped in pain and shock and tried walking over to my  drawer to get some  painkillers. I thought that I was having my periods but remembered I had just completed one last week. Before I could reach the drawer another wave hit me again. This time more painful than the first and I screamed.
Sparks was not in the house and even if he were I wouldn't let him touch me. I fell on the ground with a thud and groaned in more pain. I had only my under garments for I had removed the rest. I was still hot but started shivering. My head felt like someone was whacking me with a jack hammer over and over again. I felt like I was under water and my ears were ringing. After some moments,  I heard my door being Pounded and  a voice calling out my name in urgency  I couldn't focus because now wave after wave of pain came at me with so much force I had to clench my teeth to avoid screaming.
I heard something heavy falling and suspected my door had been knocked down. Great , now I was going to be killed with a stranger while I was helplessly in pain. A hand touched my forehead and I could feel myself breathing again. The person lifted me from the ground and carried me , placing me on something soft. Their touched soothed the pain and I closed my eyes relishing on the feeling of not being in pain.
I decided to open my eyes to find none other than Sparks holding me.
"Get away from me!" I scream without thinking while trying to get away from his grip. While his touch erased the pain, I wanted none of it. I didn't want him touching me at all. I pushed him away from him while screaming at him and he finally relented. But the moment his touch was gone , the pain came back. This time it was way worse.