02

Sparks POV .

I sigh again in fatigue. I was currently in one of my firms in the human city. Mostly because the humans know what they're doing in a business and their population is great for my companies' growth. The ongoing meeting was draining me. The human resource manager was currently filling me in while the others in the board room were quietly listening in. When he was done, a tall scrawny guy stood up and fumbled with his papers. His blonde hair gelled carefully and thick rimmed glasses sat snugly on his face. He reminded me of the stereotypical geeks in movies. I could sense he was nervous and fear radiated off him in waves. His Adam apple was bobbing up and down.

"Urm..sir if I could add on something..." He started by saying. I sighed in fatigued and raised my hand up to signal him to stop. I couldn't go on with this meeting.
"Jefferson wrap it up. Am really tired and I feel a massive migrane on its way. We have been in this room for three hours and am sure we all want to leave this damn place with our sanity still intact, " I interrupt him and I can see his shoulders sag with dissapointment because I cut his suggestion off. I immediately feel guilty and find myself saying,

"But Jefferson, present to me your offer next week Monday very early in the morning and make sure you have everything ready for your presentation. Now everyone get out, " he nods his head up and down very fast I was afraid he was going to break his neck. His eyes shone with glee and he smiled with gratitude. I dismiss them. I was so tired but I had no room to feel sorry for myself. I had companies to run and a pack to look after.

Having no mate by my side was finally taking a toll on me. I could feel myself getting weaker. I asked my dad about it and he said in a month my body would have re-adjusted itself and recovered from not having a mate. Having alpha blood made it possible for me not to go insane and die. Having no mate was only going to be hard this month then I will regain all my strength and abilities after four weeks. But what about my soul? Will it be mended again? The answer is no. For now I just had to suck it up and take care of my businesses and pack.
I took the elavator down to the ground floor.

Going into the underground parking, I spot my jeep and climb in wanting to get back home as soon as possible. There was so much work to be done. Pack members had noticed that Shakeesha was not around and some were worried. Others happy I had finally kicked her out because she had never taken the initiative to connect with them. The pack isn't complete without a luna but I don't give a damn. I could care less,(actually I do, am just psyching myself up to avoid depression ) I have been able to take care of them long before she came along. I wonder what she was doing now. No! I will not think about her... She is not worth my thoughts but my mind doesn't seem to agree with me.
My train of thoughts are broken when my phone rings. The caller Id says my mother is calling.

"Hello mum, " I say.
"Hey honey. I just wanted to remind you to go into the school supply store and make an order. We are running low on the supplies for the pups, " she says softly.
"Okay, " I answer tiredly and hung up before she can question me about my mood. I call the store and make the appointment needed. Driving towards the shop that is ten minutes and three blocks away, I find my mind still drifting back to Shakeesha. I still love her more than life itself, no doubt because of the mate bond and all, but I miss her in my life. Even when she treated me like scum, I still miss her. There were times, rare ones, that we got along really well. We would have a civilised communication and even laugh a little before she would change dramatically fast as if a switch was turned off. I treasured those rare moments so much that I had given myself hope that she was at least accepting the bond. I only ended up dissapointed and hurt. I know nothing will ever change my feelings for her but I have to move on. She is happy back at her pack with the one she loves. That is if he still doesn't have a mate. They would be together and have their happily ever after. The thought made me sick to my stomach but I had no choice but to accept defeat that Shakeesha will never love me. She would never fight for me and its finally time for me to accept that and move on from her. I reach the store and ask to see the manager. The brunette eyes me up and down in a gleam of lust flashes in her eyes. She licks her lips in what she assumes to be a sexy move and I almost gag. Her bright red lipstick tainting her teeth in the process. I flinched in disgust but she must have ignored it or just chose to let it pass.
"You can go right in sir, hes been expecting you, " the brunette secretary tells me. She flutters her extremely long lashes at me while offering a flirtatious smile in the process. I ignore her and just go in to get it done with.

"Mr, Lavington. I have been expecting you, " the manager, Mr. Gerald, says with an oustretched arm. His thinning hairline shinning proudly on his salt and pepper hair. His brown eyes twinkling in glee knowing the transaction will leave him with thousands of dollars in his bank account. His hand is rough to the touch and he shakes my hand a little bit more enthusiastically than required. I pull away my hand and his cheeks taint pink.
"Okay. Are the supplies ready? I want to get this over with, " I say in a bored tone. Making myself comfortable in his chair.
"Yes. I will deliver everything by this Friday. I just want you to sign a couple of documents if that is alright with you, " he says handing me some files.
Argh more paperwork.
"Fine, " I say. Feeling more drained. I don't even read them because its always the same things I sign when I come for the supplies. And he also knows not to swindle me or he will face my wrath genuinely.
"Just remember to call me before you entre my territory to avoid confusion, " I remind him before I leave. Last time my pack warriors almost killed the deliverers and police almost got involved. Lets just say it was a terrible day for everyone. He nods and I finally leave his office. Suddenly my wolf starts howling in my head. He is wagging his tail and his tongue is hanging out. He only acted like this when he was near Shakeesha, specifically her wolf. I try not to dwell on the possibility that she might also be in this store. Despite my resistance, I find myself looking around. My eyes scan the area and when I finally spot her, I freeze. She still looks beautiful but has lost some weight. Her eyes are dull but she still fakes interest at what the store assistance is telling her by nodding and smiling. I smile a little at her bored look before I remind myself that she does not want me. With that my expression turns cold and stoic. Any trace of emotion is wiped away from my face and eyes. My wolf whines in pain and sadness knowing that his human mate does not want him. He felt degected and not good enough. That crushed him.

He complained that her wolf got depressed and just stopped talking to him and her. He hasn't felt her in days and he was really worried. But, there was nothing he could do. Whats done is done. Suddenly she turns around and our eyes meet. Her eyes widen in shock and we just stare at each other.

On the outside I know I look completely nonchalant but inside am a mess. There is this burning sensation in my chest and I can feel my migraine disappearing just from our eye contact. For a minute I get lost in her eyes. She is staring at me as if this is the first time she has seen me. Like she has finally seen me for me. I want to be happy but am not. Her eyes, the way the are ablaze, as if her wolf has awoken, makes an unpleasant memory flash in my mind. The memory of her burning down my house two years ago because she wanted me to burn in it flashes in my eyes like a breeze and I snap out of it. I blink and shake my head to snap myself back to reality where she does not want me and she hates my guts. Her wolf rising again changes nothing.

I sigh and turn around, away from her, my mate, who has caused me more pain than any battle wounds I have ever received in my life. I won't deny I miss her because I do. Every single day. But I could not do it alone. She also had to fight for me and prove to me she wanted me as much as I wanted her to be mine since the first day we realised we were mates. But that was just wishful thinking because the reality of things was that, she never wanted me and never will. She was never going to waste her time by fighting for me. It was time for me to accept my fate and accept for once the moongoddess had made a mistake and had made a wrong match.

Problem was, I was the one left to suffer the dire consequences of her mistakes. Turning away from her felt like the first time she told me she would never accept me as her mate all over again. It felt like everytime she would reject me and my advances. For once in my life I felt pathetic and not good enough. Not a good feeling for the most feared Alpha.