1.

Rebecca's POV

I hop off the plane at LAX ( ;) I had to ). I have a general idea of where my apartment is in the city, via google maps of course, but I give my Uber driver my exact address anyways and sit back and stretch after my 6 hour flight. Luckily, because I moved from so far away, all my luggage fit in the car because I only packed the bare minimum, the rest my mother is shipping out in a few weeks. I'm starting to dose off since, unlike the Midwest, LA has traffic so bad that traveling a few miles took a hour and a half.
When I step out of the car to see my apartment building in all its glory, the view is, well, underwhelming. Some of the siding is cracked and the security gate is a bit rusted, but with the rent being reasonable, I know call this sad building; "home". I help the driver unload all my crap and walk to the complex's leasing office. The girl behind the desk, Tracy, definitely was not happy with the fact I was intruding on her otherwise slow day. I quickly retrieve my key and get the rundown on how the gate system works and I was off to apartment 7c. I arrive at 7c not fully knowing what to expect behind the slightly dented metal door. Nonetheless, I turn the key expecting the worst and being met with a not so shabby little apartment.
After ditching all my bags onto my unmade bed, I decide to explore around the rest of my new home. From the front door, immediately to my right is a small kitchen with a fridge, microwave, oven, and a dishwasher fixed in the corner. It's definitely small, but will work for just me. The rest of this room, aside from the kitchen of course, is what most people would designate the living room. A tv is set catty corner from me and I already have a list of items needing to be purchased at IKEA. From here, there is a hall to the left which holds my room, my bathroom, a storage closet, and a small cubby with a washer and dryer. I return back to my room and suddenly notice a sliding door to the left of my bed which opens to a balcony, as I step out I realize it also connects back into the living room.
I decide to bite the bullet and start unpacking sooner rather than later. I end my night surrounding in packing tape eating take out Chinese while watching Netflix on the floor. This whole California thing ..... maybe kind of amazing !
.
.
.
Okay y'all I know this may be a bit boring but STICK WITH ME !! I have to set the scene but we will get to meet Rae soon !!