✧ outro

my dearest y/n,

first of all, i want so say sorry for leaving you without permission. baby, i can't stand seeing you crying in front of me if that happens. i might leave everything just the way it is for you, that's why.

i did this for the both of us, thinking that everything will be alright after my surgery but i guess it didn't. i tried to be strong, i swear. however, my strength wasn't good enough to keep myself alive.

find someone who can love you unconditionally, someone who can protect you at all times and someone who can understand you as always when everybody doesn't. i think changbin will suit this.

to your birthdays, our anniversary, valentines, christmas, and new year i wouldn't be able to attend anymore. consider my greetings for you valid forever. happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy valentines, merry christmas and happy new year.

i love you to the fullest, baby. i love you eternally and no one will change that.

about my promise, even i was away, i waited until the very last of my breath. i was willing and will always be.

love,
chan

+

you felt a pair of hands wrapped around your waist as he rested his chin on your shoulder, looking over the thing you are looking at. "where did you get that?" chan whispered on your ears.

you secretly wiped your tears, not wanting him to see them crawling down your cheeks. "s-seungwan gave it to me five years ago..."

chan step forward just to take a glimpse of your face, swollen because of tears. his eyes softens the moment his gaze pierced on you. "baby..."

you sobbed. "why does it still hurts?"

he gently caressed your arms, slowly trapping you into his warm hug. you lean your head to his chest while he rests his chin on top of your head. "knowing that you experienced all of these without me by your side and the fact that you... accepting the things that may happen after the surgery, hurts... like a lot!"

"shh... that was all in the past. i'm already fine and healthy. what important is everything went perfect as what we dream years ago."

"y-you almost gave me to changbin..." you hiccuped.

chan kissed your forehead before wiping your tears away. "at least he got eunwa now. they're already happy and getting married next month, right?"

you nodded.

"now, mrs. bang... all you have to do is be healthy and take care of yourself. i don't wanna get worried about you and our baby..." he softly drew circles on your tummy, leaving your cheeks on heat.

"hey, baby... your mom is blushing. does it mean that your dad's charm never fades? hmm?"

you hit his shoulder. "aww!" instead of getting mad, he chuckled at your expression.

"what? isn't it true?"

"it is." you bit your lip.

"i love you, y/n." he stared at you straightly in the eyes. the way he looks at you never change, in fact, it feels like he falls in love with you more day by day. you are so thankful to have someone like him and you thought that you will only like one man who has the same attitude as him. it will always be the only bang chan who you'll always love and it is the man in front of you, your husband.

"i love you too, chan." his lips curve upward, just the same as yours, before slowly sealing you with a kiss.

eternal.

chan is so true with his promise and he never failed you. he waited and finally achieved his prize

and that prize is to be with you and to build a happy family with you.

love is really worth the wait.

THE END