6

You might be asking who's Ethan? How could I forget about Ethan Dolan? Maybe because I tried so hard to these last two years to, and one day I finally did.

I forgot to mention Grayson's asshole of a twin brother, Ethan. He's also a player. And I lost my virginity to him in sophomore year...

And then Ethan became weirdly obsessed with me. He was always near me, he was always coming to my house. And then one day he was really drunk, and he got a little too aggressive. He didn't punch me, but the wall next to me was pummeled. He tried to force me into having sex with him.

Luckily Reece came in and saved the day. A day that shouldn't have needed to be saved in the first place. Ethan was then shipped to military school.

And now he was coming back. Graysons face was taunting enough, because they look so much alike.

So imagine me waking up Wednesday morning which I hoped would be better than the previous morning to Reece knocking on my door.

"Mom and dad said you can stay home for a couple days" he frowns at me.

"Oh"

"But Amara...?"

He was using my actual name. He only does that when he is mad or serious.

"Hmm" I covered my face with my palms.

"Eventually, you will have to face him. And you will show him who you have become and that you are stronger" he says sitting at the edge of my bed.

"I know, and I'm gonna to go to school today"

"I'm proud of you Mar- Mar" he messes up my hair before leaving.

It had taken me so long to recover after what had happened that night.

I slipped on a hoodie and some leggings and fixed myself up.

You got this Amara. You can do this. You aren't that scared little girl anymore.

I walked downstairs to see Reece had made breakfast for us. But there were three plates. I stay at the top of the stairs waiting to see who it was. Luckily they couldn't see me.

I watched as Grayson walks out of the bathroom. You're fucking kidding me.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Reece you fucking suck! Why does he have to be here?!

"He's coming to school today you know?" Gray says to Reece as he sits at the island.

"She said she wants to go Grayson" Reece sighed.

"She shouldn't, I mean I get it, he's my brother and all but what he did was pretty unforgivable"

"You know Mar-Mar. Ever since she was little, she's been one to forgive"

Reece, I think we both know that's not exactly true.

Come on Amara grow the fuck up.

I walk downstairs avoiding eye contact with Grayson even though I knew he was staring at me. This was definitely not growing up.

I sat and ate my waffles as I stayed quiet. I didn't want to talk, because of course the Dolan twins are driving me insane at the moment.

"Mara, are you going to be okay to go to school today, I really think you should stay home?" Gray asked looking at me but I looked down at my waffles chewing slowly.

"It's a good thing it's none of your concern and what you think" I mutter and Reece stares at me.

"Mar-Mar calm down" he gives me a look.

"Whatever I'll go to school on my own" I dump my dish in the sink and grab my keys and throw my backpack on.

I didn't feel like being in the same car as Grayson.

"She's probably just upset because you know... he's your brother" Reece comments before I slam the door shut.

I walk over to my Mercedes- Benz and start it up. It's been awhile since I drove this to school. Ever since Reece and I got our license we have been taking his car.

I got a text from Reece: Be careful, love you Mar- Mar.

If I was trying to be careful I wouldn't step in a room with Ethan Dolan in it. So screw being careful. If I regret it, then at least I would know.

I played Magic by Coldplay and I felt like my nerves had calmed down a bit.

I don't want anybody else but you

The lyrics played as I felt myself relating to them. How did Grayson manage to make his way into my mind with some lyrics from a song?

And then there I was sitting  in the parking lot trying to breathe. But the thought of my eyes seeing him from across the room was crossing my mind.

Because last time I saw him, Reece was beating the shit out of him. I get Ethan was drunk, but that can't justify anything that he did that night.

I stepped out of my car slinging my backpack over my right shoulder. I kept my head low as I walked into the building.

I put in my combo to my locker and pushed my backpack in there quickly. I regret this day entirely. Now I fucking know.

I saw Kelsey walking over. I hugged her tightly and she was taken a back.

"Are you okay?" She asked frantically as she hugged me back.

"Ethan's back" I mumbled against her shoulder.

"Oh Amara it's fine" she patted my back.

"You have Grayson in most of your classes anywhere right? He won't let him near you Amara"

I nodded but held in the tears that brimmed my eyes. I'm scared and I regret coming to school. I shouldn't have done this. It was a bad idea. And Grayson tried to warn me. It's like he knows me better than I know myself.

"I think you need to go back home Mar-Mar" she whispered to me keeping the hug we were in.

"Yea I think I need to"

"Go, and call me if you need anything okay?" She reassures me and I nod before grabbing my backpack and keys and walking back out of the parking lot. That was the closet we have been in awhile.

I sent Reece a text: Heading back home, won't be at school

I walked over to my car jangling my keys before I got text from Reece: Have a better day Mar-Mar love you

Love you too

I heard a car park right next to mine. As I was about to open my door I looked over and my breath hitched.

"Amara"

"Ethan"

—————————

Just so the very few people that read this story know, I don't think of Ethan Dolan like this in real life. I just wanted to add another character to the story and I completely forgot about Ethan. I do not think Ethan is a terrible person or anything. It's a work of fiction and only that.

Have a good day or a better one. Love youuuu if you're reading this story.

-xosugarroseox ;)