11

12 years ago...

I sat there playing with my dolls as Reece walked up to me and started playing with me.

"Mar-Mar my friend is coming over" he said with his slight lisp.

"Ok" I focus on brushing the hair of my Bratz doll.

"He's my friend okay?" Reece told me and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"But why can't I be fwiends with him?"

"He's one person I don't want to share with you Mar-Mar" Reece tapped my head as I frowned.

He sighs before standing up, "I don't want you guys hanging out please Mar-Mar"

"I pwomise Reecy"

"Love you Mar-Mar"

Present time...

That was on of my earliest memories.
But here I am. Breaking that promise. I had also made that deal with him with Kelsey later on. But it wasn't difficult for him considering they never really liked each other to begin with.

So now here I am. Completely losing myself in Grayson.

He hovered over me kissing my lips passionately. I laid on my bed with my fingers roaming through his hair and tugging slightly.

This was new territory with him. This is completely going against Reece.

I arched my back slightly as he started to kiss down to my neck.

All the tension that we had both been holding back came rushing back in this moment.

Grayson was the only thing Reece had that I didn't. And I was ruining that.

I loved Grayson. I've been in love with him since the moment I laid my eyes on him as he walked through my front doors.

1 year ago at a party at my house...

"Amara Reynolds!" Grayson called at me as he stumbled into a hug.

"I missed you" he cooed as the stench of alcohol filled my nose making me pinch my nose.

"You need to go to bed"

Kelsey was already passed out in the guest room which left my room. Reece would be pretty angry if I dumped him in his room. So my room it is.

I place his arm over my shoulder and carry him up the stairs and unlocking my door.

The music continued to blare. I set Grayson on my bed.

"You're pwittyyyy" he slurred and I chuckled at him. I opened my windows to let some cool air in.

I made sure the door was locked before putting a blanket over Grayson.

"Mara" he says half asleep.

"Yes Gray?" I sit next to his body.

"Don't leave me okay?" He grabbed my hand placing it on his cheek.

"I don't want you to go"

My heart broke for him as I stared into his sleepy eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere" I give him a small smile hiding the frown behind it.

"Don't leave me alone" he says before drifting into a deep sleep.

I brushed through his hair with my fingers whispering, "How could I ever leave you alone Gray? Not when I love you this much, I can't leave you. Ever. Just let me enjoy these moments with you now"

Present time...

The thought of losing Grayson one day was excruciating. But the thought of losing Reece because I was scared of losing Grayson was always much worse.

I loved them both but in completely different ways. But I had to act like I only saw Grayson as a brother.

8 months ago...

Ryder and I had just gotten home from school.

"So Ryder-" I was cut off by knocking on our front door.

Ryder stood up from the couch and opened the door.

"You're dating William?!" Grayson exclaimed barging into the house.

"What?!" Reece yelled as I face planted myself into a pillow. Of course Grayson knew by now. I wanted to tell Reece before he found out from someone else. Thanks Gray.

"You're not dating William. No way!" Grayson says as I mentally roll my eyes.

"What he said!" Reece says.

"Can both of you stop! He's just my boyfriend! I'm not getting married or something!" I stood up.

"Break up with him now." Grayson muttered.

"I'm not breaking up with him" I spat.

"As long as he doesn't break your heart" Reece caved and said.

"Or else he's dead" Reece mumbled to himself sitting back on the couch.

"No." Grayson mouthed to me.

"Yes" I stuck my tongue out at him.

He stared at me for a moment before falling on the couch next to Reece giving up.

"You guys are way too overprotective" I walk away.

"Say that again!" Grayson exclaimed.

"You guys are way to overprotective!" I shouted slamming my door behind me.

Present time...

Now that I think about it, how did Reece not suspect anything? There have been so many times where we have looked at each other with something special. And he never noticed.

Grayson pulled away from our kiss.

"I want to take this slow. I want to do this right." he whispers tracing his finger over my eyebrow.

"What is this?" I ask staring at his lips.

"I don't know yet" he pushes his lips on mine again.

"Gray" I whisper as he pulls away again.

"W-we can't do-" I was cut off.

"We can" he whispers intertwining our fingers tightly. That feeling shot through me again.

He lays next to me keeping our hands together and never letting them go. I never wanted him to let go.

"Don't leave me" I whisper turning to face him.

"How could I ever leave you" he faces me.

Our eyes said all we needed to say. His eyes were enough for me to know.

I placed my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"A few days ago... when I was with Melanie..." he paused.

I had completely forgot about that. I just tried to shake it off and forget about it.

"I wanted to hurt you so you would stay away from me. But in the end I was the one who couldn't stay away from you"

I felt my heart drop. "I can't stay away from you either" I whisper as he brushed his fingers through my hair.

"Goodnight Mara" he whispers.

"Goodnight Gray"