20

There stood my parents. My fucking parents.

"Now Amara, ask me that again" Xavier says smirking at me.

"Your parents owe my parents quite a bit of money. Your parents of course, have it. But they seem to refuse to hand it over"

I stare at my parents in disbelief.

"So because you guy didn't pay off your fucking debt, with money you have, I was almost beat to death when I was 12? Or haven't been able to peacefully sleep the last five fucking years?!"

I tried holding in my anger. I wasn't sure who to be angry at anymore. Maybe the world.

"You haven't been able to sleep?" Xavier questions and I scoff.

"Like you care"

"Of course I care"

"Fuck off!" I blow up at the guy that could potentially kill my parents and I. Bad decision Amara.

I look down and see that my parents had been handcuffed. Why wasn't I handcuffed?

"Say something!" I yell at my parents. What could they say? Truthfully, I could barely look at anyone in this room.

Before Reece is brought in. He has a blindfold on and duct tape across his mouth.

Why was I the only one who had no restraints?

I run over to Reece and hug him.

"Mar-Mar?" I could hear his muffled voice.

"I'm here Reecy." Tears brimmed my eyes. Seeing my family standing in front of me hopelessly was heartbreaking.

This was turning out to be a more fucked up senior year than I was expecting.

"I'll get you your damn money! Let us go!" I shout at Xavier.

"Well see six years ago it was just the money..." he starts making me furrow my eyebrows.

"But five years ago it was you"

What? What in the actual fuck is he implying?

"Excuse me?" I ask wide eyed.

"Take them out" Xavier orders Dax.

"No! Wait!"

"They will be fine. I would like to speak with you privately" Xavier announces making me sigh.

"Hurt them and I swear I will be your worst nightmare"

"You care an awful about people that caused us to hurt you" he said.

"But I hate the people who actually hurt me" I spat with venom at him.

"Do you want me to explain or you just want to keep blabber-"

"Just fucking explain" I say falling back on a chair as he sits on a couch across from me.

"I was 15 at the time we broke into your house."

"Okay and?"

"Will you just let me fucking fin-"

"Then fucking hurry up!" I blurt.

"Dax was around 20 and he was leading me through it. My dad had ordered me to give your mom and dad a warning. You were never supposed to be the warning Amara."

"Well I clearly ended up-"

"Let me finish!"

"Fine" I frown.

"We saw you run up and well Dax had tackled you and was beating you. He works for me and my family, so when I ordered him to stop he should have."