15

I woke up Monday morning determined to get Kelsey to talk to me again, like we used to. I wanted to make things right.

"Good morning gorgeous" Grayson slid a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Good morning handsome" I smile roughing his hair up.

We got ready for school and he climbed out the window half way before I walked over to him.

"Hey, you're forgetting something" I puckered my lips at him as he chuckles swinging his legs back into my room.

"How could I forget?" He cups my cheeks in pressing our lips together sending a smile onto my face.

"I love you" he whispers.

"How could you not" I smirk. "I love you too"

"Good luck with Kelsey" he says before leaving out the window.

I grabbed my backpack and sling it over my shoulder as I walk out of my room.

"Hey fetus!" Reece shouts as I walk down the stairs.

"Reece!" Dad warns him. He absolutely hates when Reece calls me that. It feels weird having my parents around.

"Mom made food" dad mentions and I sigh.

"I... I don't actually usually have breakfast. Just usually when Reece makes it. But I wake up later so I don't eat" I try to explain but find myself blabbering on.

"Oh" mom's face goes blank.

"It's fine she was burning the waffles anyways" Reece tries to laugh in our silence.

"We should um, go" I say nodding slowly.

"Yes of course! Have a good day at school!" Mom says kissing my cheek and dad hugs me.

That was the most awkward interaction I've had with my parents. Probably because it lasted longer than 30 seconds.

We get in the car and I find myself staring straight ahead.

"What's up your ass today?" Reece asked making me slap his arm.

"Hey! Haven't you heard not to hit the driver!" He exclaims.

"Oh shut up! I just need to figure out how to get Kelsey to talk to me"

I take a long shot as I ask Reece, "Has she been acting weird towards her? I don't know she's been so distant towards me. It's making me worried that I'm going to lose her"

He goes stiff at my question making me furrow my eyebrows. "Yea I've noticed she's been acting different. She's sending glares at Grayson and I more often than usual"

I hadn't actually noticed any glares at Reece...

"Oh" was all I could say. So I guess it wasn't just me who suspects something.

"And what about you?" I ask him.

"What about me?"

"Why are you being a distant fuckface" I cross my arms.

"I'm not!" He protests.

"When was the last time we had Saturday movie night! Not in the last two weeks Reece!" I argue back.

"So what? I've been busy lately. That doesn't mean I'm shutting my annoying little sister out" he messes up my hair causing me to glare back at him.

"Things just haven't been the same" I mumbled to myself looking out my window.

I suppose that must be my fault as well. I've been spending most of my time with Grayson lately.

"How about this Saturday. We can have a Saturday movie night with the parents. We can camp out in the living room. Have a sleepover type of thing" Reece suggests parking the car.

My eyes lit up, "really?!" I exclaimed.

But the one thing worrying me was would I be able to sleep without Grayson by my side. It's just one night, I can try.

"Yea" he shrugs as I hug him.

"Okay, time to get Kelsey to speak with me" I flipped my hair and walked away from Reece. Come on Amara.

I spot Kelsey walking with her earbuds in.

"Kels!" I shout walking over to her. She whips her head towards me as I march towards her. This was unbelievably extra but it needed to happen.

"Oh... hey Mar-Mar"

"Kelsey West, you are coming over today. And we are going to hang out like we used to" I say way too profoundly.

"Um... sorry Amara I can't-"

"Oh but you are!" I shout her a wide grunt as she sighs.

"Mar- Mar I-"

"That's too bad that you have to cancel your plans! But luckily for me I get to spend more time with you!"

She's probably finding me very annoying right about now. But like Grayson said. I can't take no for an answer.

"Fine!" Kelsey says making me smirk to myself. Okay we did it Amara I'm proud.

The school day passed by quickly and then lunch came around.

I sat with Anna, Grace, Josh, and of course Kelsey.

"So you guys heard about Quentin's big birthday bash next weekend?" Grace mentioned and I raised an eyebrow.

"Elaborate" Josh said becoming interested in the conversation.

"He's throwing this big 18th Birthday party at a club downtown and the entire school is invited" Grace explained making me smile.

A party, it's been awhile my little friend.

"As the queen of parties at West Ridge you're obligated to be there" Anna smiles devilishly at me.

"I wouldn't miss it" I smile eating a French fry from my tray.

"You should go with Josh!" Kelsey exclaims. Is this revenge Kels? What are you doing? Grayson is going to hate this.

"Come on it's obvious he likes you" I look at Josh and he is blushing as he stared down.

"I mean I don't mind" he simply says making me want to be a bitch and run away.

"Um sure, I'll go with you" I say awkwardly giving Kels the I'm going to kill you later look. In her defense she had no idea about Grayson and I.

"Here put in your number" Josh handed me his phone with a small smile. I reluctantly put in my number before handing his phone back.

Kelsey what the fuck did you get me into. There was no way I could tell her about Grayson now.

After school Kelsey said she would meet me at my house which she did.

"Kels I don't know what I did. I just don't want to lose you"

We sat on my bed as we twiddled our thumbs.

"Mar-Mar, it was nothing you did. I guess it's just some family problems" I could tell she was lying somewhere in there but I didn't want to push it.

"Best friends" I held out my pinky and she smiled and gladly connected them.

"Okay, But can we talk about you and Josh!" Kelsey squealed.

"This is your chance to get over William!"

Little did Kelsey know that I moved on from William a long time ago.

And that I was completely infatuated with Grayson "the player" Dolan.